All reviews from start to finish first class wedding reception sunday carvery second to none mr mrs amazing hotel bridal suite top class next morning family wedding an overnight stay main course food was lovely northern ireland saturday night belfry
Reviewed 23 April 2018

We enjoyed our stay at the Belfay. The rooms are well appointed and have quality bed linen and towels. The breakfast service is great and the one meal that we had in the restaraunt was super. My tongue in cheek comment would be "Sack the DJ" The compilation CD that seemed to be on permanent loop playing 1980's wall paper muzac !
Free car parking enabled us to leave the car and take a 7 GBP taxi ride into the city center and avoid trying to find and then pay parking charges.
Overall would recommend to couples looking for easy access to the city from a rural location.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
belfray, General Manager at The Belfray Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear David P

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your kind review. I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and your tongue and cheek comment made smile. Our music system allows us to pick different genres of music to be played and i have now changed some of the settings on it so that there is more variety.
I look forward to welcoming you back again and thank you also for your recommendation.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Just had our wedding in the belfray and all I can say is omg what a day from start to finish just fantastic Geraldine was and is brilliant. Even the bar staff were friendly. One of the staff went out of his way to accomandate our guests.
Our wedding was on the 7th april. Geraldine made me so special and relaxed I will be back again keep up the good workxx

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Jenny

It was an absolute pleasure to have had the honor of hosting your special day and i thank you for allowing us to be part of it. I am delighted that you both enjoyed your day with us and Geraldine,indeed all the team will be thrilled by your kind words.
On behalf of myself, Geraldine and the team we all wish you both happiness and success in your future life together and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Availed ourselves of a Spring Break offer, 2 nights B&B with one evening meal. Excellent value for money I have to say. The hotel is ornate... which is fine ... our room 101 had a lovely view of a wall!!! again, it didn't really bother us much, but someone on holiday might like a view..... the bed was very comfortable, the room was a really good size, plenty of space to move around... nice and warm too... although might be a bit too warm for some, the bathroom just the right temperature but the shower a little disappointing pressure wise but fine. Only a couple of problems which I mentioned as I was leaving ... the bathroom door wouldn't close and lock properly and the hairdryer wouldn't work, and I didn't have time to ask for a replacement as we were heading for breakfast, but the lovely lady at reception said she would get it sorted. The staff were very polite, friendly and cheerful especially in the restaurant. The food was excellent, breakfast choice was really good, the scrambled eggs were so light and fluffy, the salmon delightful and my husband really enjoyed the Fry, plenty of it too. Our evening meal was delicious and there is so much to choose from. We had the Arizona Chicken with fries and the Chilli wrap... really really good. The location is just outside Londonderry, you would have to drive into the city, but it is quiet and even with a wedding on, we didn't hear any noise. The only noise came from inconsiderate guests who shout and bang doors early morning or late evening....! But the hotel can't be blamed for that! A really enjoyable stay, would definitely recommend staying, and we will most certainly be back. I would have rate 5 had it not been for the door and hairdryer as everything else was excellent.

Room Tip: If you want a view, don't choose 101
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Linbeat

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your very detailed review. I am pleased that for the most part you had an enjoyable stay and I would like to assure you that the maintenance issues you encountered have now been resolved. Your comments on the room, the food and service are very much appreciated and i will be happy to share your review with the team.

Thank you also for your kind recommendation and i look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights in April as I had won a FB competition run by Visit Derry.
Thank you very much to Management for arranging an extra bed in the Bridal Suite for our 12 year-old son. What a gorgeous room and plenty space for luggage etc. The bathroom was spotlessly clean and very modern and my husband loved the huge bath as he is 6'2". Lots of parking spaces right outside the door which was a bonus. Breakfast is served in a beautiful room and was waitress service which was lovely and not the usual buffet for a change. The breakfast was delicious and lots of choice.
The food in The Bistro was totally amazing - the first night we had 3 courses from the set menu and I had a delicious cocktail. The food was so enjoyable and the staff were extremely helpful, attentive and polite that we decided to eat here on the second night from the a la carte menu - again, we were not disappointed and had 3 courses each. Would definitely come and stay here again in the future - we visit Ireland regularly as my husband is Irish so a trip to The Belfray will definitely be on our agenda again soon.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Gillianoc1
Thank you very much for your detailed review following your stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed enjoyed all aspects of your stay and i appreciate your kind comments on our rooms, our food and the service you received from our staff.
I will share your kind review with all the team and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant for lunch on a day out with kids on Easter break. Gorgeous restaurant and food was fabulous,best lunch we've had in a long time! The staff were very friendly and efficient. We definitely will be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
belfray, General Manager at The Belfray Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear SiobhanM1411

Thank you for choosing the Belfray Country Inn for your Easter family lunch. I am pleased you enjoyed the dining experience with us and the service you received from our staff.

I am glad that you will be definitely be back and we look forward to looking after you again.