“Birthday stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Derry
Northern Ireland
“Birthday stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

Loved the quaintness, the peace & quiet, our gorgeous 4 poster bed and mostly the food was absolutely excellent! The grounds are beautiful, we walked them on two occasions, love the water wheel, the ponds and bridges and the two horses we spotted also. It was perfect for my birthday break, we were treated very well by all the staff, especially Roy! My desert came with a chocolate Happy Birthday message piped on the plate.Despite the age of the hotel, which is a Manor house, it was spotlessly clean in every corner and I am very fussy. I tend to check behind furniture etc and the cleaners here do an excellent job. The family who own the hotel are very friendly, we met Connor and Brenda and they were both lovely. We will not hesitate to come back and I have already recommended it to a lot of friends.

The only small thing was that I didnt like having to wait in the lounge after ordering dinner, until it was ready to be served, before they took you into the restaurant. It sort of interupted the flow of the evening.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank buffer2212
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Londonderry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

I live locally to this hotel, so have only stayed overnight twice however I have been on many occasions, I held my wedding there in 2009 and the service and food was second to none, on build up to the wedding patsy had everything I had thought of covered and put my mind at ease. On the day the attention to detail was excellent (and I am fussy!). I had an afternoon tea buffet after my daughters baptism and again food,service and value for money was excellent. My guests all commented on the standard of the food. I have been for afternoon tea a few times and ate in the restaurant few times and the standard never slips, this is a small family run hotel but its the history and charm that makes this hotel what it is, and of course Patsy! I don't think this hotel would be the same without her. I recently stayed in the galgorm manor and it hasn't a patch on the Beechill. The overall ambiance and feel of this hotel is so welcoming and relaxing I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
belfast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

We booked a family wedding and agrees that as long as we took so many rooms we could have the music playing to 3.00am. So we booked a band first then a disco for later.
When it came to 1.00am Patsy went to the DJ, who had only been playing for 5mins and told him to pack up.
Very disappointed as we had taken the rooms as requested, we did not need the rooms as we lived local, Watch what you agree, get it in writing, our only mistake.

• Stayed June 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank georgefrombelfast
NORTHERN IRELAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

We had our wedding on 15th April for 220 guests and it was an amazing day - the canapes to begin with we apparently fantastic - although the wedding party didn't get any which was a pity, the dinner was first class and everyone had their meat cooked to their liking - there was no shortage of wine top ups! The service was amazing and all the staff at the Beech Hill were very attentive and accomodating! We stayed for the weekend along with many of our guests and were treated fantastically!!!

Room Tip: The suites are lovely and reasonable!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

The Beech Hill is a beautiful, charming hotel not far from Derry city centre. We had our wedding here and Patsy and her staff arranged the whole day perfectly. We could not fault anything, the food and wine was excellent, the grounds are kept beautifully, it really is a hidden gem in Derry. If you are looking for somewhere quiet and relaxing then you have to stay in this hotel.

We stayed in the Master Suite, tucked away in the main house, which has lots of character with views overlooking the grounds. Family stayed in the new extension, which is just as beautiful which looked directly out onto the lawn and surrounding grounds.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple