All reviewsclimbing wallzip linebell tentfire pitglamping podsmaize mazefairy lightsroeleap of faithtoilet blocktuck shopamazing weekendteam buildinghot water bottlestoasted marshmallowscoin operatedgreat adventure
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Hugely enjoyable experience - cosy, clean glamping pod. 2 adults, 2 kids. Children loved the adventure activities (archery and zip line) and we had free entertainment all evening courtesy of Field of Screams! Hilarious reactions from the terrified teenagers.
Weather was exceptional for late October; we sat on the porch with the fire pit in full flame and watching the starry sky above Binevenagh. As with most things it's the staff who make it. Warm and approachable at all times (even with fake blood and a chainsaw)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We stayed in the Bell tent in August for 4 nights as a family of 6. We stayed during the worst thunderstorm I have ever endured but trust me this did not dampen are stay. All the activities where great and the staff where very attentive. The glitchen was well equipped and the breakfast spread the next morning was good. The only issue we had as a family was the shower facilities, let me try and explain.... They have ONE shower block with individual cubicles. These showers are coin operated with the meter for all the showers situated at the main door (heaven forbid you should run out of money mid shower!) once you put the money in, the shower will automatically come on with no escaping the water within the whole cubicle be warned that everything you bring into the cubicle will get wet. They have provided two changing rooms (one for males & one for females) when you enter them you are met with plastic chairs a door that does not lock from the inside but does lock from the outside! When I took two of my children it ended in screams, tears which turned to sobs. I feel that these facilities are not fit for purpose and resulted in the 6 of us not being showered for 4 days. In my opinion they leave customers in a very vulnerable position and are unsafe.

We will not be returning for an overnight stay because of this.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
lottie307, Manager at Carrowmena Activity Centre and Glamping, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Hello firstly I would like to thank you for your feedback. The shower block is on the agenda for an update when our season ends and should be ready for the new season in 2018. Just a small point, I was wondering did you raise any concerns while you were staying with us to a member of staff, so we could of addressed these issues as there are more facilities on site that could of been used if needed.
I am glad you and our tents survived the thunderstorm and I hope you aren't put off too much to try us again.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I couldn't be any happier with my trip to Carrowmena for my hen party. We arrived and were greeted by the lovely Ruth who told us everything we needed to know and where we'd be staying. Then we met our instructor for the day Ronan who was amazing, he was patient and listened so well to us all and when we were afraid of the activities he was understanding and very encouraging without pushing us to do anything we didn't want to do. The team were unbelievable and none of us could fault them, nothing was too much trouble and they went above and beyond to ensure we had the most perfect time.
Even when it was getting late Kieran came to make sure everyone was doing okay and helped us light our fire and opened the tuck shop so we could get some snacks.
We stayed in one of the beautiful bell tents that were beautifully decorated inside and had a lovely little electric fire to keep us feeling warm and cosy.
The activities were amazing and the bell tent was fabulous but I must say the highlight of my trip was the excellent staff! Thank you SO much! :) I cannot wait to visit again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
lottie307, Manager at Carrowmena Activity Centre and Glamping, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Hello, thank you for your kind review, I will pass on your lovely comments to the staff and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Couldn't recommend Carrowmena enough. We stayed in a lovely bell tent and had loads of room, hard to believe that 6 girls could comfortably fit! Staff were so welcoming and friendly and just couldn't do enough for you. Facilities are great with clean bathroom facilities and a 'glitchen' to make that cuppa and have breakfast in. Great place for girly weekends and families with lots of activities on for the kids. Also in a beautiful location overlooking Binevenagh. Will definitely go back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Hello, thank you for your lovely review, we work hard on keeping the centre and the facilities in clean working order and it is nice to have it recognised. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We stayed in one of the bell tents which was very clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again. The only area for improvement is the showers. If your staying overnight I don't think there should be an additional charge for having a shower in the morning albeit only a £1 for 5 minutes. Could be an opportunity now to review when the old £1 coins are removed from circulation.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Stephen D

Hello Stephen
Thank you for your kind review, I am glad your Carrowmena experience was up to your standards, we take all reviews seriously and try to act to improve what we offer and the shower block suggestion has been noted.

We look forward to your return for the 2018 season.