“Very enjoyable lunchtime :)”
Review of Central Wine Bar

Central Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Ballycastle
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This Family run establishment was 2009 finalist in the Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. From its traditional bar to its chic restaurant and enclosed beer garden its a perfect venue for a great experience in entertainment and dining.
“Very enjoyable lunchtime :)”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I visited the central Winebar in Ballycastle January 2012, I hadn't been in years, I had lunch with my boyfriend and I found it a pleasure from beginning till end. I had the roast chicken with creamed cabbage, bacon with mash, my boyfriend had the burger with chunky chips which we both thoroughly enjoyed. Ordered dessert (for 2 courses for £10) we had sticky toffee pudding and profiteroles which both met our expectations. All round great meal and will definitely be back soon!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Lovely food, friendly service”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My family and I visited central bar for a meal on Saturday night, there were 12 of us and we had a great evening, the staff were very efficient and friendly, nothing was too much trouble, all the food was delicious and there was a nice atmosphere in the place. Would defiantly go back

Ballycastle, United Kingdom
“Fill your boots”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is a restaurant with an excellent range of dishes. it caters upstairs for the more discerning palate but also has an extensive downstairs bar menu which is almost its rival. It also operates an early bird menu which makes dining that little bit cheaper but not sacrificing the quality. The staff are attentive without being intrusive and will accomodate any requests made. We had a slight problem with the meal on that occasion and when it was pointed out to them as it was not able to be rectified immediately was deducted from the price of the meal without having to be asked

• Visited December 2011
coventry
“great food and service.”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Right in the middle of ballycastle - used to be just a drinking hole, but now totally refurbed into a really good restaurant. Downstairs you can sit and eat if you want - a more informal bar style. Upstairs a lovely restaurant, a bit more upmarket but prices aren't stupid and the food is great. A more interesting menu than is usually on offer in NI.. plenty of food, so dont overorder!! we found the service quick and efficient and friendly. The Central is lovely and we would recommend, but if you area tourist, it has perhaps a little less 'traditional' appeal - however its well used by locals and holidaying NI people.
Small not if you smoke .. it has an amazing semi outdoor area on the second floor out the back of the restaurant ... it is a smoking area .. and has a bar!!!!

Visited June 2011
“Great place let down by service again.”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We ate here a couple of days ago. I'm a regular there and notice every time the same problems. There were two tables of customers eating our order was taken quickly and drinks delivered. We received the food, 3 of which were the signature burgers 1 chicken. All 3 that had burgers were over cooked and the chunky chips were cold. The bar was empty and yet still 5 staff walking about talking to each other. Not once did they return to ask if food was ok or to top up drinks. We even had to struggle to get our bill. As I said I'm a regular here but not often to eat due to these factors. Every time we have a bar meal it's the same. Very disappointed again. Will be another year before I try again.

1 Thank Magoo1968