“Cheap and cheerful!”

Paddy's Palace Belfast
“Cheap and cheerful!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at the hostel in a 4 bed dorm for the sole purpose of a night out in Belfast, and it more than did the job for us. Yes, the place looked like it was still under construction in parts, but nothing that affected us. We enjoyed our stay, and we thought the girls (from New Zealand) at reception were the best part of our stay! They were a great laugh and were more than helpful in sorting out our little problem with a pair of glasses and a large wod of cash!! Erin and (Emma?) we love you!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank 2004glasses
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hannover, Germany
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The conditions, this hostel is in, are unacceptable. It is incredibly dirty and smelly and some of the walls are covered in mould. The windows can't be opened which makes it impossible to air the rooms properly. The bathrooms are pretty run down, so is the dining room. The place really needs a renovation.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Laraaaa

Travellers are raving about these Belfast hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I planned to stay at this hostel three nights, but I changed my mind when I saw it! The building and the kitchen equipment is old, the rooms are tiny and really dirty. That's what you can say about the whole house: the showers, loos, floors, kitchen aren't clean. I also had to organise the toilet paper several times. In addition, the beds are disgusting. You get linen which you are supposed to use as a sleeping bed because the bed covers aren't washed but used for every customer.
The worst thing about the whole hostel is the mould!!!! The house has a leck so that the walls and the loo downstairs are covered with mould and mildews!! You would not believe until you see it. I asked the reception guy about it and he says the manager doesn't want to spend the money to fix the leck so they'll just remove the mildews and cover it with paint. Stupid!!!!
I think they should close down the hostel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank DublinGirl C
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This hostel was the best hostel I ever stayed in!

Sure the rooms and the common areas were not the cleanest but the staff were so friendly & up for the craic!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed here as part of the paddy wagon 6 day tour of Ireland. The tour was excellent, and all the other hostels were great, but this one in Belfast I was pretty disgusted in, except for our dorm which at least had clean linen. The dorm door didn't lock, the lock was broken, so I spent most of the nite awake. About 1am, a stranger poked his head into our room, as he opened the door and saw me staring at him he left. When I mentioned the lock to the person in charge he said it must have been the group the nite before, and would look into it. He never did. The downstairs toilet was leaking water on the floor, so unable to use it, and no toilet paper on the 2nd floor, when I mentioned this he said we are behind in things. The showers were dirty as well. I didn't spend much time in the kitchen preferring to have a coffee from Starbucks. There is no need to have hostels in this state.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo