“Nice hotel but don't expect a good nights sleep” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
“Nice hotel but don't expect a good nights sleep”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

A very nice hotel in a good location. Staff were friendly and food was satisfactory for the price. The main issue I had was the hotel had deliveries in the middle of the night meaning waking up to lorries backing up and cages full of food being dragged across the ground outside my widow. 2 of my colleagues were on a higher floor and were kept awake by loose panel rattling all night. Bed had hairs in it when inspecting the room.

Stayed April 2012
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
I'm really sorry you didn't sleep well whilst staying with us, I can sincerely assure you that this is the first time I had a negative note about deliveries - as far as I know all is being delivered from early morning, as both the delivery companies and the hotel wouldn't have staff around to take / deliver goods. I will certainly follow up on that straight away - as it must have been one off and will find out with the chef what happened there. I'm happy that you liked our staff and the food in our place and hope to see you in our hotel again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you stay with us again, I will do maximum to make sure you have a good night sleep with us.
Best wishes,
Jan
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Great rooms and a good restaurant though I think you have to ask for the bar menu in the restaurant.

The location was nice & quiet, a good place for jogging & cycling.

A few minutes to the city centre & Odyssey arena & Titanic Belfast.

Staff were superb, very helpful. No wee job was too much for them.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your nice review. It's great to see that you have had a nice experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed here on business with 3 colleagues and we found the hotel had no atmosphere whatsoever. The location is fine, close to the train station and city centre. We ate a late supper at the bar which was ok, nothing special about it, but it filled a gap. The breakfast was expensive and not worth the price for the quality.

The room was fine, and the bed was comfortable and I had nice view of some water which was pleasant. The paintwork in the bathroom was filthy and really could have done with a good wash. There are lots of better hotels in Belfast and I would not pick this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for sharing your review of our hotel. I’m sorry to see that we wouldn’t be your preferred choice hotel in Belfast, but understand that the contemporary style of the hotel might not be liked as much by all our guests. I understand the initial charge for breakfast might look high compared to some other places in the city, however I believe it is good value for money as the buffet offers plenty options of booth cold and cooked meals and we can of course offer different types of coffees/teas or eggs made to order. There is also an option to have a smaller breakfast in the bar and order just some items individually. If you would like to give us another try, please let me know and I’ll be pleased to look after your booking.
Omagh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed at the Radisson Blu for one night in April when going to a concert at The Waterfront. We had a great stay and actually wished we had booked an extra night. The hotel is in a quiet area in the Gasworks district but only a short walk to the bars, restaurants and The Waterfront. Or if running late less that £5 in a taxi to The Waterfront. The rooms were roomy, very clean, good sized bathroom and good shower. It had air con, and all the usual facilities, hairdryer, iron and board, fridge, mini-bar, tae, coffee etc etc. Also liked that there was an ice machine on every floor. There is an average priced restaurant but also a pretty good bar menu and I would definitely recommend the pizza; lovely. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the car park was free but I think free parking is weekend only. As for breakfast, it was great. Self-service, plenty of choice, tasty and served until 11am unlike most other hotels that finish at 10am denying my chances of a lie-in. All in all, a great, spacious, comfy and very friendly hotel. Well recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chipper99
Thank you very much for sharing your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I'm really delighted that we ticked all boxes for you, you have had a great stay and would stay even longer if possible. We have now launched our stay and save offers for the summer season - where you can save 10% when staying longer than two or three nights (depending if weekend or midweek), or you can also avail our early booking offer with 20% discount on full rate.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sunningdale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Radisson Blu is probably the best place to stay in Belfast. 15 minutes' walk from the city centre, it is well appointed. The buffet breakfasts are well prepared, with a chef on hand for special requests, and the Eastern European waiting staff very helpful and friendly. We had a family room on the 7th floor and so had a fantastic bird's eye view of the city. The bar area in front of the restaurant is nice and the staff keep it open until the early hours. The architecture and interior decoration is a little stark... particularly the lobby... not very inviting but practical enough as a business hotel. But the reception staff make up for this by being polite, friendly and very helpful. They printed out our boarding cards as the lobby's computer printer was not working. Difficult to fault. Very good indeed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your time and for posting your review on Tripadvisor. Our aim is to be the best hotel in Belfast when it comes to service and overall experience, so I am really glad you rated us to be the best hotel in Belfast based on your stay.
I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon.