All reviews queens university malone road city centre lounge area botanic gardens great night from start to finish wellies conference wedding disco students stephen foyer pubs
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Room was oven hot, and opening the window was a double edged sword, making this a pointless venture, for whilst it cools the room, the noise was dreadful from the voices outside. It was WELL AFTER the pubs had closed, and we were looking onto trees on an side avenue, 3 floors up, and still the noise was dreadful.. At breakfast we had to ask for fried eggs which were the only item NOT in a serving tray and were an age coming.. At one point I saw the girl spot us, and instantly remember about the eggs quickly darting back into the kitchen bringing forth the requested fried eggs, but they were barely cooked, jelly atop and clearly brought out in a rush, in urgency, almost, as we were two thirds through the rest of the breakfast.. During the previous evening, two staff were clearing a room nearby on our floor and left the furniture on a landing, beside the staircase, and the state of the bare mattress was a sight to behold and the mass of circular beige marks weren't new stains either.... Apart from the pleasant Hannah on reception, the other reception staff, including the bar staff seemed unable to talk other than in hushed tones, which made it impossible to hear what they said. Whilst I wear a hearing aid, my wife could hear a fly land on cotton wool in a linen factory and she couldn't make out what they said either..

Room Tip: Sleep in the reception seating area, for it's cooler and quieter than the bedrooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
MooneyHotelGroup, Manager at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for filling out a review on the Hotel. I will pass on your positive comments to Hannah at Reception. I'm sorry your room was to warm and the mattress was left in the corridor longer than it should of been (it was replaced with a new one).

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Definitely very average and price too high for what was expected. Receptionist on duty barely acknowledged us apart from giving us a form to sign and taking payment. Room was large but basic and lovely view of glass roof? Bathroom door sticking and had to put on main light to use bathroom light. Not great at night. Fan in bathroom not working. Paint peeling off ceiling. Rusty around taps. And room very warm.
Waiting staff in lobby very pleasant and helpful. Furniture in lobby very old and worn. Breakfast good. But the crunch was the workmen starting with drills in room opposite just after 7 and doors banging as they came and went. Noticed them finishing and leaving just after 11. They could have been asked to start at that time when guests had checked out.
So I certainly wouldn’t recommend as it did not justify the price paid.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel. I apologise for the ongoing work to the bedrooms starting to early and have ensured this will not happen again.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Attended a wedding in the hotel as well as stayed the night. From start to finish the staff were amazing. We were catered for very well, nothing was too much trouble.
Have to compliment the kitchen for the quality of the food, was top class and I love when food is actually served on a warm plate. It's the little details that add up to a lovely experience and they didn't fall short of them.
Had a great stay here!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel. I'm glad you found everything "Amazing"

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Sorry nothing special. The rooms are ok. Staff friendly enough and the food is edible no wow factor here. Reasonable friendly hotel stay here. Magners as always is chilled and goes down well. Hotel is situated in a lively area near the university

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for filling out a review on the Hotel. I note you didn't find a 'Wow' factor but found the room good and friendly staff.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival I was greeted by a lovely receptionist and given the keys to my room. The room itself was a little run down. The walls has questionable stains and it's as if someone had ripped the door off the wardrobe and there was just the shelves left.
The bathroom was lovely and looked like it was redone recently so maybe they're doing a refurb?
Breakfast the next morning was simple with cereal and a hot breakfast being offered with some fruit. My only problem was they don't serve you a pot of coffee. It's made and then they come around and just fill your cup.
It was grand for one night seen as I was at a conference at Queens University down the road but I don't think I would stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments on the Hotel. I note the things you liked about the hotel and the things we need to improve during our improvement program.