The location is very good, 10 minutes walk from Europa bus station, couple of minutes from restaurants and pubs, and not too far from the city center (15 minutes, give or take).
We have a private twin room - worth every penny. Make sure your expectations are realistic compared to the rate paid and you won't be disappointed.
Causeway cafe has a large menu. We only had breakfast, and it was just what you need to start the day. Fresh and tasty and fair price.
The only real issue we had there was on our last day. We took a day tour and left our luggage at the hold room. We weren't told there was a time limit on it - and really, we've been traveling for over 20 years and stayed in quite a few IYHA locations, this was a first!
When we got back from the tour and dinner, we were kindly (and I used that term extremely loosely here) told by the night front desk guy that we have 5 minutes to collect out things and leave the property as we "weren't their guests anymore". Talk about hospitality... We did receive a long email prior to our arrival with their t&c but this was certainly not written there nor was it told to us in advance (nor is it something we've ever been told at any other hotel/hostel including IYHA locations) . shame.
So - just make sure your expectations are realistic and are well adjusted to what you're paying, make sure to ask the front desk about everything you need/plan and you should be ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hostel is the biggest in Belfast and the only one affiliated with Hostelling International. It's a short walk from both Belfast City Hall and Queen's University, and close to both the Europa Bus Station and Botanic Train Station. The hostel has a range of rooms, from group dorms to doubles, some with ensuite shower/toilet and some with shared facilities - so something to suit every budget. The hostel has free WI-FI in the common areas of the ground and first floor, free left luggage and good-value laundry facilities. The Causeway Cafe on the ground floor serves up good value grub and McCombs Coaches (based at the hostel) offers Game of Thrones and Giant's Causeway tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Belfast International Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belfast International Youth Hotel Belfast
- Belfast International Youth Hostel Northern Ireland