“Don't book if you're travelling with a dog!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bienvenue Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
Bienvenue Guesthouse
Ranked #32 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Don't book if you're travelling with a dog!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

We too came over for the Championship Dog Show.our problems started before we set off with a phone call to check our anticipated time of arrival and I mentioned it depended on the time judging was completed at the show.My attention was drawn to 'no dogs' policy-not just in rooms but effectively anywhere in the vicinity of the building 'in case the dogs made a noise in the night or were smuggled into the rooms',despite my assurances that our car is fitted out with crates etc for the dogs who are used to travelling and overnight stays in the car.at that point i was faced with the prospect of having to find alternative accomodation at a days notice,having booked on the internet and paid in full.the owner came back to me to confirm we could in the circumstances stay.on arrival when we said we had an early start the next morning we were told the advertised full breakfast would not be available but we could have cereal toast etc.-but when we arrived in the dining room our neighbour was being served the full works!The room was reasonably clean(apart from what appeared to be grease stains on the curtains) but the TV didnt work and we had just a few teabags and no milk or coffee.the beds were something else,creaking constantly every time we moved resulting in interrupted sleep.
on a positive note folowing our arrival we were offered the use of a small yard to exercise the dogs and the next morning we were complimented on our dogs excellent behaviour.
its also very convenient for Kings Hall

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
DUNFERMLINE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

My self and friend booked a twin room for Saturday 24th September 2011 and from start to finish it was deplorable considering that we had paid for the room up front having booked over the internet. The experience started upon our arrival when the landlady discovered that we had 2 dogs in our van who would remain there for the duration of the stay. She said that she would be knocking on our door during the night if they barked. We explained that we travel almost overy week-end with the dogs for shows all over U.K. and that she would certainly not be disturbed during the night. She also said that the cooked breakfast that was included in the price would not be available on the Sunday morning until after 8a.m. but we said that we would have already left her premises by that time so she said that she would leave us out cereal and croissants etc. to which we could help ourselves. None of this was available when we went into the dining room the next morning. The room had no T.V. and there was not one in the residents lounge either. During the evening the landlady went out for a few hours so we were not able to get any service of any kind. We also heard her door-bell ringing on several accasions but there was no one to answer it. The kettle in the room had to be placed on the carpet to allow access to a socket and the tray only had half a dozen tea bags and a few supar lumps and no milk at all and as I explained there was no one we could ask therefor we could not even get a cup of tea before we left in the morning. There were three steep steps down to the bathroom area with the light switch being at the bottom of the steps. Not very safe at all !! This was the worst place by far that we have stayed at over many years and feel that we have been ripped off at £60 for a room. I certainly would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Belfast hotels

Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

The owner told me that there is no way I can arrive at 11pm, but as my flight got in late I had no choice so she said she will leave my key under the mat. When I got there to find no key I was stuck outside for half an hour after a 4 hour journey. She eventually came to the door and let me up. The next morning she had a fit that I came down for breakfast at 10.30 even after I told her I will be sleeping in. During my last night my friend and I stayed up chatting in our room until after midnight, not load at all though just normal chit chats. But the next morning as we were leaving the terrible place we got scolded by her for 'Keeping her up until 1am'. I felt like I was a student in a boarding school and she was the horrible teacher. she was extremely snarly and rude and does not understand the hospitality industry. I would not recommend this place to anyone no matter how cheap it is, she is so rude and doesn't deserve the business.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

I stayed here on business, in one of the cheaper rooms. Good location if you need to go to Queen's University Belfast, and a walkable distance to the city centre (approx. 25 minutes). If you stay in one of the more expensive rooms, then you may rate this more highly than if you stayed in the cheaper rooms. My experience was mixed. The cheaper room felt old, creaky, and not very inspiring, but the shared bathroom was nice. They have wireless internet but the connection was inconsistent. The breakfast was generally good, but there were a few flaws in it (e.g. the fruit wasn't very fresh at all). The hostess (an American expat) is amazingly friendly, chatty, and hands-on in her customer service. She is willing to sit down with you and have a long conversation. She tells interesting stories if you speak to her long enough (she had some funny stories about her 'thick' parents). She is sweet, but also a bit absent minded. Generally, this is a good budget option, with highly personalized service.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank yrussell
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

There wasn't any thing about Bienvenue that could be complained about. From the second my girlfriend and I showed up, to the second we left, we were both incredibly pleased with the whole experience.

We did not make any reservations and just decided to show up to Belfast and 'wing it'. Thru asking around, we ended up at Bienvenue. When we arrived, Brie the guesthouse manager, welcomed us in immediately. We were allowed to go and see the vacant rooms and pick the one we wanted. We stayed in the room on the top floor with the double bed. It was a great room with a great view! Beautiful, clean and COMFORTABLE bed. We did not have a bathroom in the room, but it was only right outside the front door. The room had free wifi access which made making future travel plans easier.

The neighborhood was luxurious. Bienvenue is located about three blocks from Queens University, the Botanical Gardens, and Ulster Museum (which is free!). And is about a 20 minute walk to get to city hall in the city center. The street Bienvenue is on has many of the professors from the university living there. So in other words the location is perfect!

One of the best parts of our stay was Brie, the guesthouse manager. She is a one of a kind person to get. She made a scrumptious English breakfast each morning. Which was offered however you like it. She makes the best English breakfast ever. She will accommodate to vegetarians as well. She gave suggestions of things to do in the area, and also had a map for us. She gave us a great rate on our room and was always given top rate service.

Brie gets five stars, and Bievenue gets five stars. Well done...

Room Tip: Call them