1,445 results
All reviewssecure parkingthe sofa bedqueens quartercar parkbotanic avenuefree breakfastulster museumuniversity areaminute walkwould stay here againgood sizebotanical gardenscooked breakfaststayed here for nightsbars and restaurantshotel is situatedfamily room
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Room was comfortable with a double bed but also a sofa bed which took up too much space. Soft and hard pillows were provided. Decent size TV. Breakfast was good. 15 minute walk to city. Free parking at carpark. They allowed us to park whole day after checkout so we could look at sights.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ngmargaret86
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Hello ngmargaret86,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us; I am so pleased that you had a comfortable stay and our choice of firm or soft pillow added to your comfort. I am delighted that your breakfast was good and our location was suitable for you. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Stayed here last week for three nights on a city break. Hotel was clean and the staff very welcoming and helpful. Our room was spacious with a good sized bathroom with plenty of hot water, towels were changed every day. Although there was work going on at the rear of the hotel this did not disturb or spoil our holiday. Breakfast was help yourself buffet with plenty of choices both hot and cold with as much tea or coffee as you wanted. The hotel is located in the Queens university area and a five minute walk from pubs and restaurants the city centre is about a fifteen minute walk away. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chris735764

Hello chris735764,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us; I am delighted that the staff were welcoming and you room had everything you needed to be comfortable during your stay. I am so pleased that the building work didn't disturb your stay and you enjoyed our extensive and varied breakfast buffet. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Nice comfortable rooms, a very good free breakfast served daily.

The location is slightly out of the centre of Belfast (15-20 minute walk) but it is very good if you want somewhere slightly quieter than the centre of the city.

There are still plenty of restaurants around the Queens quarter which are good!

Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gavin S

Hello Gavin S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us; I am so pleased that your room was nice and comfortable and you enjoyed your cooked breakfast. I am delighted that you found our location suitable and you would recommend us. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

and I've stayed in a few, more like a full holiday inn, great location and very welcome only issue is the current building work.

Cracking location for the city centre, was surprised by the breakfast as was a full breakfast rather than the usual limited HIE breakfast.

great service

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank gingerdad1

Hello gingerdad1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic comments regarding your recent stay with us; I am so pleased that we are the best Holiday Inn Express you have ever stayed at! I'm delighted that the location suited your needs and you enjoyed our full cooked breakfast. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

The Holiday Inn Express Belfast City - Queen's Quarter is the exact kind of property that deserves a 2 star rating. Let me explain for you:

Pros:
+ Spectacularly excellent breakfast staff. The young fella who was clearing tables is prompt, and friendly. He is the only reason the hotel isn't a 1 star.

Cons:
- The hotel parking lot is undergoing construction, so it is closed. You would think that the hotel would: 1) let guests know prior to arrival, and 2) compensate guests in some way for having to find street parking themselves. Of course, this hotel's manager does neither. So if you happen to chance upon this property during a busy night, have fun driving around looking for parking and then walking back to the hotel with all of your luggage.
- There is also construction going on in a building next door. They start at 6AM with jackhammers and loud drills. You would think that the hotel would: 1) let guests know prior to arrival, 2) give guests an option to select a room NOT facing the construction (especially those who are Platinum Elite IHG members) or compensate guests in some way for having a window facing an open construction site. Of course, this hotel's manager does neither.
- The soap beside the sink was empty upon arrival. We called twice to try and get it refilled... by the time we checked out 16 hours later, it was still empty.

This Holiday Inn Express is a hard pass for me next time I am in Belfast. An embarrassment to the brand.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JasonArroyo
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Hello JasonArroyo,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us; I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay and you left feeling very disgruntled. In regards to the car parking, our car park has been closed since February this year and this has been advertised clearly on all booking websites. However, I do apologise for the inconvenience this caused you. In regards to the actual building work, it does not start at 6am in the morning, they do arrive on site at 7am but the loud work is left until after 9am. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me on dgm@hiexpressbelfast.com.