1,295 results
All reviews la scala bistro sunday buffet parliament building hastings hotels porridge rubber duck the general manager city centre executive room comfortable hotel business trip excellent hotel restaurant staff afternoon tea scones northern ireland top class
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I have been stopping in this hotel on and off for 20 years. The refurb in the last year has made the hotel even better. Given a choice for hotels in Belfast I wouldn't stop anywhere else. It's slightly out of the city but overlooks Stormont Castle, well worth the walk up the mile long road. The rooms are spacious, clean and well decorated. The duck for the bath, which you can take away, is a nice touch (I have a great collection). The relaxed atmosphere is lovely around the bar and the quality of food is great. But if you want to go out for a meal, go to the Mandarin City Chinese.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking main entrance if light sleepers. Coach parties stop and often sit outside with engines running early in the morning
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
JonathanTopping, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Paul M,

Thank you for your recent review of your time with us in Stormont Hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Stormont Hotel soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed two nights her while on tour. Rooms are very nice, with large bed. Like most hotels in Ireland, there is no air conditioning,so our room was quite warm, even with the windows open and the heater off. Bar and restaurant service was slow, however the food was decent. Breakfast buffet was Ok, but the eggs were cold, and fruit was gone by the time we arrived (8:00 AM). One interesting item, the serve Irish whiskey with the porage.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Douglas T

Dear Douglas T,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay in Stormont Hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope I can welcome you back to Stormont Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We were checked in on arrival by James, a very pleasant and professional young man, our room was fantastic, although there were no slippers or fridge which really is not a big problem, the bed was so comfortable, however the only drawback was breakfast as it was cold, we were very disappointed, having said that it would not put us off returning

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Inez W

Dear Inezwhite,

Thank you for such kind comments about your stay in Stormont Hotel. I'm really pleased that everything went so well for you. I have passed your comments regarding breakfast to my F&B Manager and Chef.

Thank you again for your kind comments.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This hotel is very beautiful, comfortable and accommodating. We ate dinner at the restaurant that was wonderful. I had the Irish beef with potatoes and carrots in a wine sauce. The staff was very helpful and the rooms are immaculate and welcoming.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mary B

Dear Mary B,

Thank you for such a glowing review. I'm truly delighted that your stay was so perfect and I hope I can welcome you back to Stormont Hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We only stayed in Belfast one night which was not enough. The hotel was very good, the room we had whilst only having a view looking out across the main entrance area to the hotel was fine. The room was on the darkish side which is something we experienced in a few hotels whilst on holidays. The room was quiet, the bed comfortable and the bathroom adequate in size. Free Wi-Fi was available. We had dinner in the restaurant which was very good. Staff were friendly and courteous. Breakfast was also very good. Would be happy to stay here again

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Br S

Dear Br S,

Thank you for your kind feedback on your recent stay. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time with us so much and I hope I can welcome you back to Stormont Hotel again in the very near future.