“Get together with friends”
Review of Stormont Hotel

Stormont Hotel
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Firstly I had to change my reservation at the last minute due to my friend going into labour. the hotel very kindly wavered the cancellation charge.we arrived and i checked in with Laura who was very pleasant. My friends then asked for accommodation only to be told the hotel was fully booked. after we checked in and were about to head in a taxi to the titanic opening I popped back in to let the hotel know my husband would be arriving later and I would not be here and if they could give him a key. They said they couldn't make a copy of the key and it would just over ride mine (i find this strange as a front office manager for years most systems can cut a copy key. 1 key is not ideal for 2 people in the room anyway). I also enquired about leaving my name and number for any cancellations for my friends to be told straight away that there was availability (after being told 10 mins earlier that it was full). this was great news but to my dismay the receptionist checked my booking and I paid £80 and then offered the rooms to my friends for £75(bearing in mind I had my room booked for 2 months in advance).
This did anger me a little but I was not going to cause a fuss!.
The rooms were lovely. Extra large beds, fresh décor and lovely bathroom. The shower had no hot water but as i just read in another review, turning it to cold might have helped.......mmm
We booked a table with the lovely restaurant manager and our meal was excellent! everyone really enjoyed their meal and the service was 1st class. I would usually stay in city centre hotels such as the Merchant or Fitzwilliam and the service was just as good!
We had a lovely night on the town to arrive back at 1.30am and there was no Residents bar available. I thought this strange as the hotel was supposedly full on a Saturday night. We were offered a room service menu (this was expensive) and the order came very quickly to our room.

All in all i had mixed emotions about this hotel. Its in a good location with excellent parking facilities and is about £10 in a taxi to town but there is absolutely no buzz about it (even when fully booked).I would recommend this hotel and will probably stay again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank T_cup_10
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel when we visited our son and his fiance.The staff were very friendly and the rooms were lovely and beds very comfortable.When we woke the next morning we had a lovely Irish breakfast and then walked across the road for a pleasant walk up to the Parliament Buildings.There was also a stand opposite the reception with souveniers to buy.We enjoyed the visit very much.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This was a brief stay on business. The reception staff were friendly and efficient. The room was comfortable and well equipped, although I object to paying for wifi. The hotel is over the road from Stormont with its magnificent gates and drive. Sadly the view from my room was poor - a vast Tarmac car park!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed here whilst on business in the area. The hotel is in a fantastic location, just a short walk from the parliament buildings. My room was spacious, clean and well equipped. All the staff from check in to check out were friendly and helpful. The food was very good quality, if a little expensive.

I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Belfast. Highly reccomended.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel - a repeat booking always speaks for itself - and I had a great deal for B&B for two nights in March. Since I stayed two years ago the hotel had clearly undergone renovation, which was a pleasant surprise. It was good then, but much smarter now.
Bethan from Cardiff has made the point about the strange showers - to get hot water you need to turn the dial to cold. I only discovered this on my third attempt and it was a feature of several rooms so would be worth the hotel management putting a sticker on the showers to say so. Once this has been discovered the showers are excellent, and my room - like others I imagine - didn't have a bath so the shower mattered.
The table and chair provided in a standard bedroom - which I must have had as the deal I was on was so good - were the sort you can really plonk down a laptop and work at, which is great.
Breakfast is super, with several local specialities which are sufficiently memorable that I had remembered them from my previous stay - two sorts of special bread in addition to bread made with Guinness (not sampled), and even whiskey to go with porridge for anyone up to that at breakfast time.
On arrival in the evening mid-week (Wednesday) I thought I would have a quick bite to eat in the bistro and was surprised to be offered a table booking for half an hour later - once there the service was excellent and quick, which was just what I wanted, but if you are travelling on your own in particular you might want to consider booking a table for supper in advance.
One final touch I thought was particularly good. On my first morning my room was being cleaned when I returned from breakfast, and I took the opportunity to ask whether there was any decaffeinated coffee (the tray had tea and ordinary coffee, and I had neglected to bring herb tea bags with me). I was told there wasn't (fair enough), but when I returned in the evening there were copious supplies of decaffeinated coffee in my room. Given that I was on a super good deal I thought that fantastic service.
Thankyou Stormont Hotel for a great deal.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business