“Pre Theatre Dinner”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #19 of 47 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Visited the hotel on 18/10/17,for pre Theatre dinner.We had a Table for four overlooking The Lagan River.The staff were very polite and attentive.The two course menu was £19:95,the food was excellent.I choose Caesar Salad for starters followed by pan fried cod and prawns for main course.The restaurant is bright and modern,we really enjoyed our meal,thank you Sonome Restaurant.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Mark W, General Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Dibney

Thank you for sharing a review following your recent visit to our hotel for a Pre-theatre meal.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your dining experience in our Sonoma Restaurant; We pride ourselves on the outstanding service we offer our guests and I was pleased to read you found our team polite and attentive.

I am delighted that your meal was excellent and I will ensure your praise is passed to our Head Chef to share with his kitchen team.

Once again I would like to thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back to our Sonoma Restaurant in the near future.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We were on a cruise, jumped ship in Belfast, wanted to see the city before flying on to London. Our travel agent suggested this hotel as having a convenient location for Cruise Port and City Airport. We arrived early morning and there was no problem with storing our luggage until we occupied our room at 2:00 pm. We enquired of ways to see the City and the Titanic exhibition and they suggested the Hop On/Hop Off bus. We purchase our tickets from the concierge and he sent for the courtesy shuttle. Location great, 15 minutes from Port and to Airport. Lovely room, superb service and reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Mark W, General Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Jill C

Thank you for posting a five star review following your recent stay at Hilton Belfast.

I am thrilled that you choose to stay with us to visit our wonderful city and delighted that we would arrange a bus tour for you. We pride ourselves on helping to make our guests stay a memorable one and I am so pleased to read that you received superb service from the team during your stay.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We booked for an anniversary, when we checked in we werent welcomed. The lady wasnt chatty at all, and just rushed us to pay as quick as possible, we got the exacutive rooms, the launge area was filled with screaming kids and drunk people. The room was okay, but not worth the price, there was 2 sugars between 6 teas. maids keept knocking on doors and telling us they will be back soon? when we went to check out, we had the same lady that checked us in, and still wasnt chatty, neither did she ask how was the stay. We told her about the problem, she just said she will pass it on to someone, but never did. Bed was comfortable but there was alot of dust in the room. The carpark was meant to be £18 for the whole 24hours, but we ended up paying £25 for 19 hours. Hotel was defenitely very nice, but the costumer service was horrible. Great location, which was helpful as we couldnt stay in the room for so long as next door to us, there was a family with kids, and were very loud. and got woken up throughtout the nights with the trains passing by. Defenitely wont be back, for the amount of money we paid...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Karolina W

Thank you for sharing a review following your recent stay at our hotel.

I am sorry you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. We aim to ensure our guests have an outstanding stay and I am sorry this was not the case on this occasion.

I would like to apologise that you did not feel welcomed by our Front Office team; This is most unusual and certainly not indicative of the high level of service we offer our guests.

I would also like to apologise that you were disturbed by noise during your stay. Had our team been made aware they would have happily moved rooms for you.

Unfortunately we do not have car parking facilities onsite but we do recommend the public car park next to the hotel as they offer a discounted rate to our guests. We have no influence over pricing of the car park but I will certainly pass on your feedback to the owners to review.

I am pleased that our location was suitable for your visit and that you found the hotel very nice.

Once again I would like to thank you for your time and we hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We were in Belfast at a show and decided to stay rather than travel home. We booked online. We had expected to just walk along the "bridge" connecting the hotel to the Waterfront hall, but were told this was closed.
We arrived late after the show and had bar food. The staff had little knowledge of their own menu ("we will go and check on that"). That said, the food was fine.
The room faded and totally sparse. No bottled water, dressing robes and a basic but clean bathroom. The view: a metal wall of the adjacent building.
I can see that to a foreign traveller this made be adequate and very convenient but for someone from Belfast this is not the place to stay for a romantic weekend. It is a "business" hotel and there are much better places to stay in Belfast.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Davec0l

Thank you for sharing a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Belfast to attend a show at the Waterfront Hall.

We have direct access to the Waterfront Hall from the link in our Cables Bar. This is opened by the request of the event organiser in the Waterfront Hall and I am sorry that you were inconvenienced as this was not open for your event.

I would like to thank you for your feedback on our guest bedrooms. I am sorry your guest bedroom did not meet your expectations and you felt your bathroom was basic. We want all our guests to leave happy and I am sorry that this was not the case on this occasion.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Second review of this establishment , my last review I was critical of the executive lounge and the lack of available drinks and snacks and have to wait to be served, well what a turn around , this place is right up there with one of the best Hiltons ive been in .
The quality and attention to even the smallest of details is awesome great friendly staff and the lounge is top notch .

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank t a

Dear t a

Thank you for sharing a five star review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Belfast.

I am so thrilled to read your review. Our guest feedback helps us improve on the service we offer and we take on board all feedback and recommendations from our guests. Therefore, I am delighted that you received great service from the team in our Executive Lounge. We pride ourselves on the attention to detail and the outstanding service we provide for our guests and it was wonderful to read that you received 'awesome great friendly service' from the team.

I am delighted that you will return to stay with us and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.