“We have a new contender!”
Review of Bunsen

Bunsen
Ranked #157 of 1,202 Restaurants in Belfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I like to think I know my burgers, and was excited when I heard bunsen was coming to Belfast. On my first try not long after they opened I thought it was simple and nice. But that was it, nothing revolutionary.

The Mrs convined me to give it another go, and my world it was worth it. They understand that if they get the party right everything else falls in to place. First time round the party was pressed a Bit too thing and wasn't as juicy as I expected. Of the 2 other challengers, Tribal burger do the same thing, and Pablo compress the meat too much.

But the patty was perfectly formed, making it juicy and tasty. One the nicest burgers I've had. I still prefers big als, because well, you can get beef brisket on top of the patty, which is right up my street.

But for a stand alone simple burger bunsen takes some beating. I hope it wasn't a fluke.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Went for lunch with client here. Love the paired down and unfussy decor. And loved the straightforward menu and high quality of the burgers. Well done! What a great idea.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

What a find, I read about Bunsen and wanted to see what all the hype was about. It is the best burger I have had in Belfast, good bye 5 guys hello Bunsen. Young friendly staff run a great operation, a fantastic ordering system let us wait in a bar across the road until a table was ready. We got a text from the manageress when she had a table for us. There isn’t much on the menu, the focus is on high quality burgers well put together. If you are out in the cathedral quarter it’s well worth a visit.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

One of the best burgers I’ve had in a while. Very simple menu that I liked. Burgers were top quality and very juicy, but maybe a little light on the toppings. Sides are between hand cut fries, shoe string fries, or sweet potato fries. Went for the sweet potato which were good and with a decent sized portion.

Went at lunch time on a Thursday and the place was quite busy. There were limited tables and it did take a while to get a seat. Seemed to only have two people on service which I’m not sure is normal, so we were waiting a while to get tables cleared as they were taking orders and serving food.

Price is pretty middle of the road, and if I was to go for lunch again I would either split a side or go with just a burger.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I went there for a quiet lunch. The menu is basic but the food quality is good and is reasonable price for the area of Belfast. Staff are helpful and the restaurant is comfortable spot for lunch.