Review Highlights
Learning made fun

If you are in Swansea, and you have a couple of hours to spare, you can educate yourself with a... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
kelandchez
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Love this place

I absolutely love this place. I took my two younger children with me and they love it too! The only... read more

Reviewed 10 September 2018
froob
via mobile

All reviews enthusiastic volunteers hands on activities gift shop is fantastic museum short visit all ages free museum couple of hours worth a visit car park great afternoon few hours death knowledge egyptian artifacts hieroglyphics
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I had been looking for an activity suitable for my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary, and as I was planning a weekend in Swansea for my parents and I, along with 2 aunties and an uncle, I soon came across the Egypt Centre on the Uni campus. I contacted the centre and asked if they could perhaps just acknowledge my parents and the special occasion when we arrived? ‘Lauren’ immediately replied, suggesting presenting my parents with a card from the centre, and offering a guided tour... I obviously accepted.

Lauren was at the door waiting for us when we arrived, and presented my folks with a lovely card, and then gave us a brief introduction and history of the museum. She then introduced us to Ewan who showed us round the ground floor, giving just the right amount of info, and having answers to all our questions, he was great! We then took part in a mummification, which was explained to us by one of their younger volunteers (sorry, didn’t get this one’s name), again very interesting and ‘hands on / in’!! After this we went upstairs and played an Egyptian game, followed by handling some actual artefacts, again expertly explained by 2 of their very youngest volunteers, Kieran and Carmin or Melena I believe, all of whom had knowledge WAY beyond their years!!

To summarise, a fantastic museum run by the lovely Lauren and her team of amazing volunteers. Thankyou all so very much for making my little group so welcome, and going the extra mile to make my parents feel special on their 50th wedding anniversary.

We will definitely be back!!

A VERY happy visitor!!

1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

I live close to Swansea and have been meaning to visit the centre do many times. Finally got round to it and so glad I did. Easy to find and you are immediately welcomed by volunteer staff who are nothing short but informative and enthusiastic. The amount of artifacts was good and the information available was exceptional. I could have spent alot longer there and so will have to go back. They cater really well to the younger audience and the shop prices were very reasonable.

1  Thank Steph S
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Fantastic exhibits. Friendly staff who were very knowledgable.Recommend to all not just those who love Egypt.

1  Thank jordanrichard1
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

The came here with a five and a half year old and and a two and a half year old (we were the grandparents and the parents were there too.).
We were blown away by the kindness and keenness of the staff who were so interesting. The children were shown how to mummify bodies, wrote their names in hieroglyphics and played an Egyptian game. The dressed us as princesses and played with Egyptian playmobile. We were there over two hours and it was lovely! Well worth a visit!

1  Thank Doug S
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We decided to visit here at the last moment, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The volunteers were very helpful, and our guide Sebastian was extremely knowledgeable and engaging. Lots of things for children to interact with. For free this is a really good place to spend a couple of hours.

2  Thank EMF512