“A wonderful B&B in a superb location”
Review of West Pilton House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swansea
West Pilton House
Ranked #10 of 39 Swansea B&B and Inns
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“A wonderful B&B in a superb location”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I have just enjoyed two nights at West Pilton Farmhouse. The food was wonderful, and so well presented. The room was very comfortable and offered a stunning view of the Gower coast. I was so impressed by the attention to detail that Barbara and Dave have obviously taken.
There is a long, and rather bumpy drive to reach the farmhouse, but do persevere, as you are in for a real treat. I would certainly recommend this charming B&B to my friends, and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My partner & I have just returned from staying in West Pilton House and we can both wholeheartedly agree that it is truly the nicest B&B we have ever stayed in. Barbara & Dave are wonderful, friendly hosts and made us feel welcome straight away and couldn't do enough for us. The B&B is in a quiet location, just a few minutes drive from Rhossili and is set in stunning surroundings. Our bedroom & en suite were absolutely lovely; comfortable, clean and pretty with so many thoughtful & useful little extras dotted about.. all in all everything you could possibly need and more. The best feature about the room is the amazing view of the cliffs and the sea, literally breath taking!! If you like walking there is a spectacular walk that Barbara showed us that goes from the B&B and takes you along the cliff paths where the views and scenery are stunning and if you want, takes you right up to Rhossili. We shall be 100% recommending West Pilton House to anyone we know who wishes to visit Gower and hope to visit again ourselves next year as you could not wish for a nicer place to stay. Barbara & Dave have an excellent knowledge of the local area and recommended some fantastic walks & pubs to us. The breakfasts were lovely, Barbara is a great cook and very generous and there is a wide range of options to suit everyone. If you are looking to stay in a welcoming, friendly B&B set in spectacular surroundings with hosts who are genuinely lovely people then you needn't look any further than West Pilton House.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 26 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at West Pilton Farmhouse for two nights, together with Suzanne F (see review below) and her partner. The B&B is very prettily decorated, with comfortable beds and each room has a well-equipped ensuite bathroom. The breakfast is also delicious.

Unfortunately, however, we did not experience the kind of welcome described in the other reviews. By the end of our stay, we appreciated that Mr and Mrs Powell had a number of ‘unwritten’ rules which weren’t explained to us or our friends at the outset (although a number of other rules were). It was also apparent that Mrs Powell had taken against our friends from the start, telling my husband that she “knew their type” as soon as she saw them. As a result, they were thrown out of the B&B after the first night and had to find somewhere else to sleep in an entirely booked-up village.

We do understand that we may have irritated Mrs Powell because some of us stayed in our rooms until about 3 pm after our first night. The weather was miserable and my husband and our friends didn’t really want to go outside. We apologised for this. However, the whole problem could have been resolved if, during the friendly conversation I had with Mrs Powell when I left the B&B to walk into town at around midday (during which I mentioned that the others were still asleep upstairs) she had simply asked me if I could ask them to go out for the day. Unfortunately she didn’t, and things escalated until we had a really unpleasant weekend.

I have never previously written a bad review of a hotel or B&B. Obviously some people have had a lovely time here and I’m sure others will in future, but I think potential guests should be aware that they may unwittingly cause the same reaction as we did.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank LambethBarrister
Japan
Reviewed 10 August 2011

First of all, Thank You truly for your kindness to my mother and I and your hospitality while we were there. My mother and I stayed here for four nights(coming from Japan). We have visited various B&Bs while we were in England, and their kindness and hospitality were genuine and not for show as the other places we visited. First we were surprised at the stylish comfortable room(we were expecting a simple B&B), and the view from the bedroom window was like from a scene from a picture book! We were able to take many nature walks, and mostly felt at home because of the kindness of the couple running the B&B. The nature walk and the view of the sea at Rhossili and Worms Head are beautiful and a great place for someone wanting a breath of fresh air and time to think while facing the beautiful view of the ocean! You wont regret it! Thank you so much you two! And God Bless You! Jiai&Mikiko

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Barbara and Dave are kind, generous and, most important, non-intrusive hosts. The accommodation is fabulous, the walks and scenery are sensational, if the weather is kind. It's wonderful place.

• Stayed June 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swansea
6.6 km away
Swansea Marriott Hotel
#5 of 22 in Swansea
2.3 km away
Broad Park Bed and Breakfast

Been to West Pilton House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK