“My favourite Thai in Cardiff”
Review of Chilli Basil

Chilli Basil
Ranked #147 of 1,384 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Having visited Thailand in 2015, we returned with a taste for the flavours of Thai food. Through tripadvisor, we visit Chilibasil and we are now regulars of this restaurant.

This place serves good quality Thai food, the papaya salad and pad Thai are to die for.

Expect no thrills, but awesome taste!

1  Thank Bethykj

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I recently visited Chilli Basil after recommendations from a friend. The food was absolutely delicious and incredibly good value. Although there's not much of a dining area we still managed to sit and have food inside. However, if you're a group of more than three I would suggest you order take out. There is no take away delivery (this differs from what the website states) but there is take away collection. More of a favourite on 'just eat' than a restaurant per se!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

There is a small seating area here but I preferred to get a takeaway, tried the Chilli Basil stir fry with rice and the ingredients used were really fresh. Just bear in mind that medium spice is still quite spicy, great flavour overall though.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

First time I've been to this place and I had the prawn pad Thai, it was all cooked fresh in a kitchen where you can see everything. It was absolutely delicious and just as good as the pad Thai I had in Thailand. Great selection of choices on the menu and really reasonably priced. I will definitely be a regular!

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Just for the starters I gave 2stars otherwise everything else was tasteless. Not worth the money as the portion are so small. Put me off Thai food altogether.