“Brilliant B&B!!”
Review of Ty Rosa B&B

Ty Rosa B&B
Ranked #2 of 45 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Have just returned from staying at the Ty Rosa - what a gem! My partner and I chose the Ty Rosa guest house to stay in for our visit to Cardiff for a friend's wedding, and we made the perfect choice :) Hosts Stuart and Paul (and the adorable Max) were friendly and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble for them. Our room (The Keep) was spacious, well equipped and very comfortable and we loved the fact that the guest house actually felt like we were being welcomed into somebody's home- a lovely contrast to the more corporate hotels we have stayed in previously. The breakfasts were superb - loads of choice on the menu and delicious. Our room was cleaned daily and we didn't have to ask for anything to be replaced - housekeeping did a fantastic job of replenishing bottled water, tea, coffee, milk, toiletries and fresh towels. Our stay was comfortable and relaxing and I am in no doubt we will return to the Ty Rosa. In fact, we would love to return to Cardiff purely to stay at the Ty Rosa again - we didn't want to leave!! Thank you to Stuart, Paul and Max for making our stay so lovely. :)

Room Tip: The Keep is situated at the top of the building, and although a little warm at the time of our stay...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Ty Rosa B&B

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I recently stayed at this B&B for 4 nights.
I found the place to be ideal for me in most every way.
The only slight problem I had was with the shared bathroom,which seemed to be occupied each time I needed it,hey-ho.I think other guests may have used it as a public toilet :(
Most welcoming hosts and pleasing surroundings .The Breakfast each morning was a highlight "Well done guys"
Although this was my first stay here,as a frequent traveller to Cardiff it will most certainly not be my last!

Room Tip: choose an en-suite room,at the rear to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Having stayed at Ty Rosa twice in the past I decided to come here again for my graduation in Cardiff and this time I have been accompanied by my partner and my mother and mother in law and they all loved it as well! The hosts are simply brilliant, very friendly and you just feel very welcome and as much at home as one can feel outside his/her own home!

The rooms are comfortable and clean and the breakfast is simply out of this world and delicious (you can choose between several "main courses" for your breakfast along with a variety of fresh fruit, fresh fruit salad, cereals, different toasts, etc. ...).

No doubt I will stay here again when I come back to Cardiff! And even though the location is not perfect (not in the city center) it is easy to get to the town center as well as to Cardiff Bay.

I just love this place! Thank you Paul and Stuart!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed here and really was excited, however, the location wasnt exactly the "BAY."

The attic room was an ensuite, with such a tiny bathroom, and I felt that it was quite over priced. The room itself was clean and comfy, but the chairs hiding the missing/broken floor boards didn't go unnoticed.

However, the hosts were very hospitible and a lovely breakfast was provided.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The other EXCELLENT reviews say it all. Welcoming hosts. As travellers who stay in hotels around the World, this was
Like a home away from home for an awesome nights sleep. Breakfast was also outstanding. Outstanding would actually be an understatement. Would stay here again without hesitation. Paul and Stuart (and Max) were fantastic hosts.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business