All reviews place to sleep first floor tea and coffee shampoo principality kettle wardrobe
Reviewed 13 June 2018

The room was very clean and location was perfect. A bit noisy at night (the room next door and outside). The stairs a very tough if you are on the top floor like we were. You check in at another hotel so there is no one to contact if you have a problem.

Room Tip: Go for the lower levels although they may be noisier.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris K
Simon6567, Manager at ML Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you very much for your review.
I am glad that you have mostly enjoyed your stay and I hope you will return.
We do have rooms off the main street and all rooms have a phone in them and when lifted automatically connect to reception.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is a little old and worn, but the room was clean, everything worked and I had a great night's sleep.

I was booked in room 2, which is a double bed room and located on the 2nd floor at the back of the building. As a result there was very little street noise despite it being a busy Friday night. I also didn't have any noise issues from other rooms.

The bed was large and comfortable and the shower worked well, though the cubicle is a little small. There's complimentary tea/coffee facilities, a small TV, a hairdryer and a combination iron/trouser press as well.

All in all, an excellent low-cost option for those who prefer a room to themselves.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Simon6567, Manager at ML Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Excellent review.
Thank you very much Edward for taking the time to write it.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

First thoughts of this hotel was it’s a little ruff round the edges.
The hotel rooms have all your basic needs catered for ensuite bathroom with complimentary toiletries, tv and WIFI.

Unfortunately are room was at the front of the hotel and we was disturbed all night by cars driving past and people shouting and singing!! I had the worst night sleep and for this would not stay at this hotel again!

Stayed: May 2018
Simon6567, Manager at ML Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

I am sorry you have not enjoyyed your stay. We only have four rooms that are street facing and these are often requested. However you can ask for rooms off the street which are really quiet so I am sorry you did not ask on this occasion. I hope you will reconsider stating again in one of the back rooms.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I stayed at this hotel last minute as my first choice options in Cardiff were unfortunately not available. In was with great trepidation that I prepared to stayed at the ML Lodge as the reviews on-line weren't that great and images of the hotel entrance and décor did not look that appealing. I arrived at the hotel quite late as I was busy all day at an event but having rung the hotel earlier I was reassured that check-in late was fine. The ML lodge is very unique as it doesn't rally feel like a hotel but just an extra extension of rooms for the Sandringham Hotel opposite hence why you check in there when arriving. I've got to say the hotel entrance is very unappealing and the lack of lift means anyone with mobility issues couldn't never consider staying here unless they were on the first floor. I was actually quite surprised with the room which was clean and spacious. Being at the front of the hotel meant it took a while to get to sleep as the busy St Mary Street nightlife was very audible but I knew the location of the hotel when I booked it.
All in all a good hotel although I probably wouldn't spend more than 1 night here or bring a family too it

Stayed: April 2018
Simon6567, Manager at ML Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you for your review.
We have made lots of improvements since taking over last year and will continue to do so. Reviews on all sites have improved and I am glad that you concur with them.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Never again I stop in hotel round the country and can say the worst I have stopped in out dated not very clean and the shower was disgusting also very noisy in the morning with trucks getting unloaded below my window

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Simon6567, Manager at ML Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

I am sorry Dean that you did not enjoy your stay.
Our reviews have improved dramatically on Booking sites since we changed all carpets and painted all rooms. We are aware that we still have bathroom ceilings to paint.
We did show you another room but you weren't really interested in looking and we did offer a full refund if you chose not to stay. You declined this as you were aware that almost all local hotels were double or even triple our price. Our price was excellent value for money.
I apologise again and regret that you will not visit again.