“Everything contaminated with sickness bugs”
Review of Pendragon

Pendragon
Ranked #344 of 1,364 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a family and dog friendly pub, set in the heart of Thornhill community. With a large beer garden, outdoor kids play area and extensive ales, lagers, wines and spirits there is something for everyone at the Pendragon. There is a large restaurant area and two bar areas which make our pub ideal for large bookings and functions. Our large menu full of pub classics, delicious desserts and light bites also caters for vegetarians, gluten free and low calorie meals. With a kitchen open until 10pm (9pm on Sundays), Wine Club, Cask Ale Night and Weekly Quiz Nights there is always something happening at the Pendragon, so why not make it your next stop.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Firstly, I came to the Pendragon with family and friends, we all had different meals but most of us came away with a horrible sickness bug the night after. This ruined our friends stay in Cardiff and for the rest of us obviously was awful. We also ordered a few coffees which took about half an hour to come, and when they did the waiter was clueless on what type of coffee was what, and which one was decaf. Finally, my mums pie was completely dried and overcooked so she couldn't finish it however the rest of the food did taste nice. We are probably not the only people to be ill after going to the pendragon so you are probably aware of the issue already.

4  Thank Phoebe D
PendragonPub, General Manager at Pendragon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi Phoebe,

Thank you for getting in contact. We take all allegations of food poisoning very seriously. If you could please contact us on 02920 610550 so we can investigate this further.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Easter Sunday Lunch visit at 12 to see refurb etc, easy and pleasing experience to book, ditto arrival and surprised it was not busy at all. On this visit I could not see any structural alterations only paint and furnishings. A profusion of helpful staff though which is complimented. Meal prompt, hot and very nice lean roast beef - appreciated, very. Photo below.
Canned music over bearing but they reduced it upon request. Cold temperature and atmosphere which would benefit by stronger door closers and entry blowers.
I give them 9/10 for trying and 7/10 for delivery and its good to have them now on my doorstep.
Surprised they missed the refurb opportunity to re plan their awkward car park layout.

2  Thank UKJohnRichard
PendragonPub, Manager at Pendragon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi John,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience. Hopefully we'll see you again soon so we can do even better.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

3rd April 2018
This is my 2nd visit to the pub, first of all I'm absolutely disgusted that you allow dogs to sit in your pub with their owners on leads!! This made me feel rather uncomfortable as I'm not a dog lover and especially when they are barking and growling at one another! I'm sure food standards wouldn't be impressed either this is supposed to be where families, friends and couples go to eat dinner it's not a vets!!!
Next my boyfriend is a chef the eggs he had with his gammon were hard and not to his satisfaction and tomatoes need to be grilled longer whoever your chef is I think they need more training!!
Most of the meals weren't available either I could hear other customers complaining to each other I know it's been bank holiday but it's obvious to order double of what you need!! Also the only coke they had was Coke Zero!!
On the other hand the staff were very friendly and helpful! Sadly I will not be returning to your pub!!

2  Thank laura912018

Hi Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry to hear your visit wasn't up to the standards we expect of ourselves. As you said, the bank holiday weekend was an extremely busy one, but that shouldn't have impacted on your visit.

I sincerely hope you'll give us another try so that we can restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We turned up Ad Hoc but quickly found a table and served drinks promptly. The food was very nice the décor and all areas were very clean especially the little boys room, all in all very good.

1  Thank Arthur G

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback. We're glad you like the new look Pendragon!

Hopefully see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

First visit since refurb.

Meal was enjoyable, good value for money, staff were friendly and helpful.

Will certainly go back again soon.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are really pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.