2,857 results
All reviewsprivilege roomrelaxation roomthe underground car parkcorner roomcity centreseparate showersteam roomlovely hotelchanging roomsroom was largehigh floorsuperior roomhen partyreception deskleisure facilitiesfollowing morninglovely room
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I booked the hotel merely because it was advertised as having a “ luxury spa”. I wanted to relax after a long drive. Instead this did not happen and I should’ve stayed in just a normal hotel.

The changing room floor was very dirty including in the shower area. I really cringed at having to go bare foot. There were 3 loo cubicles. 1 was engaged, 1 was blocked with loo roll and unflushed with urine anD the third was covered in poo. Absolutely disgusting. I then made my way to the pool. There were 4 children running around unattended. They were jumping in and out of the pool. Their mother was completely oblivious and sat on the lounger asleep with an eye mask on. I tried to do a few lengths but kept getting splashed by the children. I then tried to use the sauna and steam room. The children kept running and opening and slamming the doors. It was impossible to relax and use the facilities.

I complained to the spa staff who apologised and directed me to reception. I spoke to reception who asked me to wait for the manager. I told them I was in a hurry so couldn’t wait long and would be happy to deal with it on check out. When I raised it on check out I was just told they would make a note of it. Very poor service.

On the plus side, the view from my room was lovely and the room was nice, clean and spacious.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank illegally_blonde529
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I was extremely disappointed to be charged £500 for one room for one night JUST because there was an event on that 1000’s if people would be attending. That’s disgraceful of the hotel companies ! Price the next day was £80!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
3  Thank MandyB2611
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I Stayed here for one night with a friend to visit Cardiff. Our first impression was how friendly the staff were. Especially Matthew who we met at the hotel bar. He was very welcoming and warm and is a huge credit to the hotel.
The hotel is clean and comfortable. Excellent location, really close to the centre.
I would highly recommend this hotel. Great value for money

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Wael E, Manager at Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your great 5 star review!

It is always a pleasure to read that our guests had a great experience with us. I will share your kind comments with Matthew, he is very dedicated and hard working.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Regards

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Checked in on Sunday 1st April and had a brilliant stay. All the staff were lovely and welcoming upon entry and were happy to help with any queries i had over the duration of my stay. The room was large, clean and very well equipped and as we were on the 14th floor, had great views of the city. The pool and leasure facilities were brilliant, large pool, sauna and steam room were all spotless even when we used the facilities shortly before they closed.

Brilliant hotel, lovely staff, great location. will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: higher floors if you can get one!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your Brilliant review.

It is great hear that our guest's had a great experience with us and thank you for your kind comments about the team. I will share your valued comments with all departments.

We hope you visit us again soon

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Great Hotel with parking ( albeit charged ) with SPA
Very handy for the city centre shops and attractions.
The lunch menu looked ok, we had dinner -very good
and breakfast -also very good.
A hotel that we would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 5 star review.

So glad you had an enjoyable time at Mercure Holland House Cardiff. I have shared your comments with the relevant teams.

We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,