1 Negative - Carpark!!! Arrived at hotel just after 2pm and the hotel carpark was packed, we have a Jaguar XF so quite a big car and trying to negoitate the rows was really difficult. There were no spaces and we couldn't get out without a card so I had to leave my husband and go to reception to obtain a ticket. There was a massive queue for check-in and 15 minutes later I got to the front (my husband waiting in car all this time) the male receptionist gave me directions to the short stay and warned me not to leave car on road as get broken into all the time - not a good first impression. Anyway by this time my husband arrived by my side and had got a space as someone had left. Problem solved.
We then went to check in and they couldn't find my reservation, I had proof and thankfully after a search the guy had been spelling our surname wrong so again problem solved. For the inconvenience we were giving an upgrade on our room.
Fantastic room - was really big L shape with glass walls on 2 sides, lovely big bathroom. Large flat screen, dressing gown, lots of wardrobe space and nice refreshments.
We had a snack in the bar for lunch which was nice and then had a 3 course meal in the main restaurant that evening, also remained for breakfast the following day.
All the food we had was lovely, maybe a little pricey but expect that in hotels. They also have a really nice wine selection. The restuarant and bar staff couldn't have been more helpful and the chef even cooked me up a specific steak sauce that wasn't on the menu.
We didn't use the spa facility so cannot comment, was quite a few hen nights in that seemed to be using this, they were a bit loud but that doesn't bother us, we didn't hear them in our room.
We would definitely return to this hotel again and hopefully they can sort the carpark issue out, maybe put in a pay machine so people don't have to traipse to reception and widen the spaces.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4 star luxury hotel in the centre of Cardiff, 15 min walk from Cardiff Central railway and bus station and a 30 min drive from Cardiff International Airport. The hotel features 165 en suite rooms, the award winning First Floor restaurant, a stylish bar as well as a luxury leisure club and spa. 15 meeting rooms and function suites suitable for hosting conferences, events and weddings. Fibre Optic WiFi internet access. Underground parking available at the hotel at GBP 12.00 per 24 hours (subject to availability). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Cardiff Hotel Cardiff
- Mercure Holland Hotel Cardiff
- Accor Holland Hotel Cardiff
- Holland House Hotel Cardiff
- Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel And Spa Wales