See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

My wife managed to find this beautiful inn tucked at a quiet corner at the outskirts of Cardiff.

I found the roads leading to the inn narrow and confusing, especially driving a French rental Peugeot with lousy GPS.

We were the only Asians there and I think my wife found it awkward that everyone at the pub stared at her when she went in to check in.

I parked at the back of the inn, which was a heavy sloping tar road. Boy, did I have trouble parking there!

We were warmly greeted and escorted to our room, where we could see the nearby railway line and the pub downstairs. The endearing housekeeper, Maggie, was ever so pleasant, friendly and helpful, and she made a difference such that we really enjoyed our stay.

The room was clean, traditional and well maintained, with warm water and a comfy bed.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2015

We booked two nights at the Gwaelod y Garth Inn and ended up with a five night stay! The rooms are quaint, comfortable and clean, but our favorite feature was the friendliness expressed to us by owners, Rich and Barbara - and their wonderful staff. They all made an effort to pull up a chair and visit with us each day and cater to our every need. Their food is delicious and presented in a beautiful manner - honestly our best meals in the UK. People come to eat, drink and enjoy the atmosphere from miles around. We are fans from Utah and will definitely return!!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline K
Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

Great Beer , Great Food and a great atmosphere always with bright well appointed dog friendly rooms . Rich and Babs are excellent hosts. Violet Cottage Brewery which is onsite and run by Rich to complement a full bar of real ales always . Good views . Have returned many times and found everything always consistently very good .

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lewis R
Reviewed 28 April 2015 via mobile

Has to be one of the very very best places in South Wales for Sunday lunch. An extensive first class menu with your traditional choice of roasts plus numerous fish dishes and a specials board. The goats cheese and black pudding starter is to die for and a choice of sixteen desserts is quite frankly superb. Please don't book though as I have to give two weeks notice to reserve usually!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gregari0
Reviewed 14 February 2015 via mobile

I've been here many times the food is usually lovely. Small portions scallops. The staff are becoming increasingly arrogant. Unfortunately because if this I will not return. The price is enough. The staff do not live up to the foot/chef

• Stayed: October 2014