All reviews toby carvery business park motorway services motorway service area min drive park and ride city centre the ground floor free parking comfortable bed pleasant stay the hotel is clean would stay again good size double room one night stay good nights sleep
Reviewed 4 October 2018

What can i say, the hotel is 2* so i was just staying overnight, but hats off to Ibis they made it a pleasant stay. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the breakfast was delicious and set me up nicely for my day. will definitely stay again.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Aline M, Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear David

Reviewed 4 October 2018

I went to here with low expectations - it's a 2 star hotel just off the M4 after all. But it's part of the Accor group, so I'm not prepared to be overly lenient. What's going for it is a convenient location, a decent breakfast (apart from the fruit salad that had fizzy grapes and mushy melon, and the cheap sausages) and friendly staff. But the rooms - come on guys, you can do better. Nylon sheets, cheap towels you might use to dry off your dog after a long, wet and windy walk, no remote control - and to cap it off, a tea station with no cups or tea (just the top of a sugar packet ripped off and left on the side) and a piece of plastic and an apple pip on the bedside table. Clearly somebody had used the room for a couple of hours and housekeeping hadn't looped back round to give it a once over. Normally, I'd have called down to reception to sort all this, but there are no phones, it was late (and I was in my pyjamas) and I couldn't be bothered to Google the number of the hotel I was staying in to call down there. And there was no iron either - with all those available to borrow already out on loan. Come on Accor - and the Management of this Ibis, you can do better.

Room tip: Go the The Village Hotel nearby
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Aline M, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Cardiff Gate - International Business Park. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

An excellent great value stopover on a long journey. Good restaurants nearby. The hotel is clean, functional and the staff very friendly. I can certainly recommend it for a one night stay. Is is very easy to find and just off the motorway.

Date of stay: September 2018
Aline M, Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the ibis Cardiff Gate. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I stay regularly at this hotel ( 10-15 times a year) and at iBIS hotels in France ( a dozen times in last 12 months). Breakfasts are usually peaceful and easy. For some reason the ( new) manager at Cardiff Gate thought that fairly loud background music was appropriate and equally problematic he also decided to turn up the volume on the TV. I hope this is not repeated as I've already booked my next stay!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
we are sorry to hear about your experience in the breakfast area, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

An efficient, clean and well presented hotel that is great if you’re on a budget. £52 including breakfast and a very good one at that with the best sausages I’ve had in a hotel breakfast for some time!

The rooms are bright and functional with everything working. The staff are efficient and friendly perhaps my only minor gripe is the tiny directional sign as you enter the business park. I passed it twice before realising which way to turn.

Well done Ibis

Trip type: Travelled solo
Aline M, Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Kind regards,