2,550 results
All reviews train station city centre single bed perfect location millennium stadium car park night life afternoon tea modern hotel high floor bars and restaurants light sleeper coffee machine family room buffet style few minutes walk stayed here for one night
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a stag do and the location was great, literally 2 minutes walk into the town which was packed.

Breakfast was cold and hot buffet and was very good staff happy and helpful.

Rooms were clean and spacious enough for us

Parking - we parked in the NCP car park on west gate street and got £15 refunded off the parking ticket (£25 for the day) which was the best value around. Then there is a 10 minute walk to the hotel

Checking in was a bit of a delay as it’s effectively wall to wall stag and hen do’s and our room wasn’t ready at check in time of 1. Only waited about 10 mins though.
Check in. Staff were friendly and polite though.

Had an incident in the evening where someone was banging on our door drunk as they had the wrong room but security sorted it quickly at 2am

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Clayton_Cardiff, Graduate Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ma T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us. I am glad the location was convenient to you for your stag do in Cardiff.
I am delighted to read you enjoyed our breakfast, the room and you got the car parking sorted with us.

Our check-in time is from 2 pm but of course,if we have the rooms ready before this we try our best to get our guests checked in.

I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed throughout the night and glad the security team were able to rectify this straightaway.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great hotel only 7 minutes walk from the castle and city centre. I contacted the hotel re:parking. They advised I used the NCP car park on Westgate Street (opposite The Principality Stadium). This was good advice. Normally to park there all day would be £24 but if you take your car parking ticket to the hotel and pay at the reception it goes down to £10.

Service at the hotel was very good and the food was superb even catering for special dietary requests.

If you go by train to Cardiff, it's a 2 minute walk to the train station.

1  Thank Darby2105

Dear Darby2015,

That you for taking the time to leave a review with us. I am glad our parking situation was convenient to you during your stay with us.

I am glad you enjoyed the food and the service you experienced during your stay :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I can't fault the staff at the hotel all had great service levels. The room was well presented and clean. In terms of a central location close to everything, it's ideal, the downside is I just didn't sleep well being so close to the railway line.

Dear Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
I apologies if the trains kept you awake, if you are returning to us again please let us know and we will allocate you a quieter room away from the railway lines.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

All I have to say is that the staff particularly Gina and Chris both need to know how to speak to guests. For the hotel itself it’s a shame you can hear the trains in the morning but it is in a great location for Cardiff itself. Our air con did not work in our room and no one came to fix this. Our room was not ready on arrival either even though we arrived 1 hour 15 minutes after check in.

The hotel resolved the complaint for the above but I left my wallet at the hotel by accident and this is where their customer service lets them down. Chris a supervisor and Gina front of house manager both did not speak to me in a polite manner and was both rude when trying to sort out the arrangement for my wallet. They need to work on how to not make guests feel stressed out or even accuse them of lying.

I would not stay here again because of their actions.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Clayton_Cardiff, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Craggle123,

Our General Manager has responsed to you prior to this review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good location with great staff. Friendly and always helpful. Comfortable spacious rooms.
Amina really went out of her way to help with a late evening check-in.
I appreciated the shower, mikes better than the weedy, grudging efforts of some Hotels.

Dear Gerard,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us. Amina and all the other staff is delighted to hear that she made your experience more special with us and you enjoyed the late check out.