2,427 results
All reviews x box executive room swimming pool car park the sofa bed leisure facilities steam room minute walk per day lovely hotel good size changing rooms great facilities coffee machine reception staff cardiff centre short break
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for a family trip to Cardiff, staff are friendly, lobby and restaurant are beautiful but rooms are distinctly average. Got given a threadbare towel, room carpet was stained in a few places. Bed was comfortable though, bathroom was clean.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Douglas G, General Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. We really value your feedback. Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The novotel is ideally situated, a 5 min walk into the town or a 20 min walk to Cardiff Bay. Spacious rooms (prev stayed on the 1st floor, had a fabulous room, this time on the 4th floor, room a bit tired and shabby, even the towels poor quality). However staff very helpful, great pool area, lovely bar with reasonable prices and good selection, great ambience too. I had let the hotel know in advance that i have a food allergy, when we checked in for breakfast (great times for breakfast, 7.30 to 11 so no rush if you fancy a lie in) the staff were fantastic. They were already aware of my allergy, excellent communication between different teams at the hotel, i was discreetly informed of whether anything would contain the allergen i have to avoid, lucky for me there were no restrictions so i coukd have anything from the vast selection on offer, many locally sourced. Top it all off with a 12 o clock check out and it all adds up to a fabulous hotel for a relaxing break away in Cardiff. Will look forward to when we can visit again, it is now my 1st choice for where to stay in cardiff. A big thank you to all the lovely staff.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent stay at this Hotel.On arrival quick check in with friendly staff.Room very nice and clean also bed very very comfortable.We also booked breakfast and this was also excellent.Parking available at hotel but this is extra.We stayed on the 3rd floor and on the side of hotel next to a busy road and the traffic could be heard but we slept ok.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

MONEY GREEDY! And I'm not sure if I should bring up DISCRIMINATION issues too!
It's a big long story. My two girls had 1to1 private swimming lessons there. I paid about £30 for each of them for half an hour each, total of £60 for one hour.
When we went there for the first time, nobody explained anything to us. They let us in the changing room, we had to work out our own access the swimming pool . We went through the GYM to the pool and wet the gym floor, everybody shouted to us! BUT WE DIDN’T KNOW THERE WAS ANOTHER ACCESS AS NOBODY TOLD US!

For the second time when we got to our lessons, they let us into the changing room and explained nothing to us. However, when one of my girls was having her swimming lesson, the other one was getting bored while she was waiting, so I told my husband to get into the pool with her. As soon as they got into the water, one staff came to me and said that we had to pay £7 for my husband to use the pool and another £7 if my girls were using the £14 on top of £60 of the swimming lesson! AND I WAS TOLD NOT TO USE AN PHONE IN THE POOL AREA! AND AFTERWARDS, A FEW PEOEPLE CAME IN WITH THEIR PHONES, AND THEY DIDN’T GET TOLD OFF.
Today, we had our third lesson there. So before we went into the changing room, I told the receptionist that my mum would be in the pool and I wanted to pay for it. My mum can’t swim! She would only stay in the pool to make sure the kids won’t drawn themselves! The guy was very nice, and he said it was ok, we could use it for free. I really appreciated his kindness. So while my mum was in the water with one of my girls today, some other staff came to me and said that I had to pay for my mum! I had to tell her that the receptionist let us in and told us it’s free. She went away and the guy who came last time , came to me again and said that we had to pay! And he said that his colleague shouldn’t of let us in for free. I paid the £7 only because I didn’t want to get the other guy into trouble for letting us in free. PLUS I EXPLAINED TO MY SWIMMING COACH WHAT HAPPENED TODAY, SHE SAID THAT OTHER KIDS USED THE POOL AFTER SWIMMING LESSONS WERE NOT CHARGED FOR USING THE POOL. WHY WERE WE CHARGED WHILE TOHERS NOT? HAVE WE BEEN DISCRIMINATED HERE?

SO MY POINT IS , IF THERE IS A CHARGE TO PAY OR WHATEVER POLICY, WHY DON’T YOU EXPLAIN TO ANYONE UPFRONT? INSTEAD OF BEING GREEDY FOR MAKING MONEY OUT OF YOUR POOL, IMPROVE YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE!
I AM STILL ANGRY AND DISGUSTED BY THEIR SERVICE! AND WE HAVE NOT DISCONTIUED OUR PRIVATE SWIMMING LESSON BECAUSE OF THIS! I HOPE THEM MAKE MILLIONS OUT OF THE SWIMMING POOL!!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

One night only.welcoming at reception.car park easy.read other reviews saying it was awkward to park.not at all.nice bar area.room good a little tired in places.bed comfortable.bfast excellent
Used the pool.the changing room area smelt and was in need of a thorough clean..

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tenbygooner
Douglas G, General Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago