“Tiny restaurant, world class food!”
Review of Cafe Citta

Cafe Citta
Ranked #5 of 1,351 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 31 December 2017

I so wanted to hate this place because I could never get in. Our group was there for dinner and it is cramped, tiny, bustling... but WOW! It's just as Yogi Berra said: "Oh that place, nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded." The food was amazing, service impeccable, the two chefs basically work in an area the size of a standard closet but the meals they produce... are astounding. As is usual, we shared the Christmas lenil and sausage appetizer and a pizza as a starter (I was happy because I wanted to try their famous pizza, but ordering a pasta). Our consensus opinion was this starter should be a Main course! Next up was the Carbonara Tagliatelle. Those who have read my other reviews know this is my gold standard of Italian mains. It was beyond gold. For dessert I asked the server to help me choose between two dishes. He said, you really need to try the Tiramisu. It is homemade and serve in giant coffee cup. There was so much cocoa powder on top I was afraid I might aspirate but it made he contrast with everything else that much more powerful. I have to say it was THE BEST TIRAMISU EVER. The wines were fantastic and watching my friend dip biscotti into his liqueur at the end with a satisfied smile was enough to say it was one of our best meals as a group and I will keep trying to get back in there to try the rest of their menu. I am reluctant to post this because more of you will deny me a chance to get in. So don't go there, for me. OK?

Reviewed 19 December 2017

We love this place - tiny and quite well hidden and very good for a pre concert meal being so close to St David's Hall. The food is deliciously Italian and the staff charming. Never disappoints!

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Look if your ur looking for great food in a friendly atmosphere then this is the place.
I eat here far too much but can't help myself.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Always a great meal, staff friendly and well presented, often come here for lunch. Good range of food

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

What a great little family restaurant in cardiff city centre. Very friendly and helpfull staff. We had the seafood pasta and pizza. Excellent taste to the food and very reasonable priced for the quality!! Would recommend this restaurant to any Italian food lover!! Cant wait for my next visit