Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,011 results
All reviews free parking the red dragon centre millennium centre great location travel lodge mermaid quay room was clean car park all you can eat excellent value for money minute walk family room bars and restaurants budget hotel one night stay reception staff would stay again
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2021

Good price for a basic, clean hotel. Close to local amenities. Breakfast was great, well stocked. The waiter (Dee-Jay) was very friendly and cheery even when rushed off his feet. Free parking. Would recommend.

Date of stay: August 2021
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank SandieBam
Reviewed 28 August 2021

Travelled to visit my girlfriends family and booked in for 3 nights. Can' complain with the parking as it is fully covered with CCTV incase anything was to happen in the lovely unsafe city of Cardiff (I had my reg plates cloned a few months ago down the road from the hotel). Staff at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful for the entirety of the stay so can't fault them at all, I even got a pretty decent pint of Stella one night from the guy who was on reception who also doubled up as a bar man but did it with ease. I only have two complaints with my stay -

1. The bedroom itself was fine but the bathroom is absolutely tiny and there is barely enough space to sit on the toilet, I work on submarines and this toilet is smaller than the ones on the subs! The cleanliness of the bathroom was bad, there was no hand soap and the vent inlet in the shower was absolutely filthy. Think that showed me enough evidence that the rooms aren't sufficiently cleaned.

2. We got woken up multiple times through the night due to annoying girls screaming and jumping around drunk at 4am, this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the calibre of people staying at the hotel.

Overall it wasn't too bad, the price was half decent for the location, parking, comfort of the bed and the friendliness of the front of house staff.

1  Thank tobyp2013
Reviewed 24 August 2021 via mobile

Great location near shops and restaurants, free parking, lovely friendly staff (Kim on reception was especially helpful providing a map of the area and information of things to do and see. Clean but basic hotel, you know what you’re getting with a Travelodge.

Room tip: No hairdryers, ask for one before you need it!
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Birdioso
Reviewed 24 August 2021

Great two night stay, friendly staff, clean room, excellent breakfast choice, location superb as only a 2min walk to the bay which has a great choice of restaurants, cafes, water bus, funfair etc. All in all, a good value for money. We will be back, thank you!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ewawoodward
Reviewed 24 August 2021 via mobile

Driving into Cardiff i was looking forward to staying in the travelodge as it has a good reputation. Then I saw the slums that we were staying in, grime all over the building, I was thinking surely this isint it for the money that was paid. Then I saw the travelodge, but I wasn't going to judge a book by its cover. So I park up and get out of my car to see a one legged homeless man in a wheelchair playing reggae music on loudspeaker again I turned a blind eye and gave it another try. We walked into the reception area and we were pleasantly surprised . Checked in quite smoothly and told where everything and all was good. Then we got into the lift which was something out of a horror film and to ride that to the top floor where our room was, sounded like cables were about to snap and send us to the bottom before the top, felt like I was in universal studios in Orlando. I would have felt safer using a pogo stick with roller skates and use the stairs than use that lift. Any after making it out safely on the lift, we were greeted to nice clean white walls withe the grubbiest looking carpet. Then onto the bedroom......

My cupboard in the house was bigger than the room we had and the tv was the size of a small box of weetabix, I should have brought a portable gas stove as the kettle was useless, the window was insecure from probably the person before trying to get out of that prison. I didn't look into the bathroom as I was in discussed with the state of the place but then I heard my other half say OH MY GOD. Then I looked..... grime up the walls, had to pretty much sit with my knees near on my ears to take a dump, not enough room in their to dry yourself. The room was hotter than the sun and when we said to the reception the answer was it can get like that up their even though looking outside you can see everyone else has a fan.... I honestly thought I was about to meet THE FLAME up there from the fantastic 4.

Then breakfast arrived.... at around 0900 thinkimg cant wait for a hearty fry up, NOPE, a few measily mushrooms and sloppy scrambled eggs that resembled whipped cream. Then I asked if anything else was coming out and was told in a minute, 10.... 15 minutes past finally 4 or 5 sausages came out that resembled my little toes and they were gone as quick as anything as none of the other guest could be bothered to pipe up. Anyway we checked out and the homeless guy playing reggae music was their to see us off from the travelodge and the end of the street, ammittyville travelodge, wrong turn 1,2,3

Never in my life will I ever stay at a travelodge again after the most expensive hell hole I have ever been to. I have been to some places before and never have I experienced anything like this deserves its one stay, don't belive the photos and stay at the nova Hotel or holiday inn express around the corner.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank rory b