“best place to go in cardiff!”

Toby Carvery Whitchurch
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 16
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Whitchurch. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Cardiff’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

booked a evening with friends and amazing servive from tia :-) and most importantly the food was outstanding will recommend!

Date of visit: May 2021
General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Whitchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2021

Hi Philip690, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated!
Tia will be so pleased to read your comments
We're looking forward to your next visit with us!

Team Whitchurch

Write a reviewReviews (673)

Reviewed 22 May 2021

Breakfast was awful, service was not friendly, would have been much better off ordering a breakfast in. Really poor

Date of visit: May 2021
General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Whitchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2021

Hi 866tarae, we regret your most recent visit with us was not up to the standards we strive for. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. We hope you will consider us again in the future. Take care.

Reviewed 12 December 2020 via mobile

We hadn't booked but took a chance on asking, they fitted us in and treated us like family, the food was fab, really enjoyed the carvery, plenty of everything, staff were great and the kids loved it, thankyou.

Date of visit: December 2020

Hi 153deanj, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!
We look forward to welcoming you again soon

Team Whitchurch

Reviewed 26 November 2020

Can't comment on the food because I didn't get any. We waited 35 minutes to be allowed to collect our food (after nearly 15 minutes stood waiting for a table we had prebooked) . However, apparently diners are subject to rations now as I asked for a couple more roast potato's (as he only dished up 2) and the server looked very flustered then just moved on(???) which was a very awkward and embaressing experience. By the time my plate was almost dished up (and less than a quarter full) , one of the waitresses came over to explain they didn't have any gravy. I told them I didn't want to eat a dry roast to which she went back into the kitchen so I stood there waiting for a while then just awkwardly went back to my table where my friend was already eating her roast. About 5 minutes later a different member of staff came out to say they had found some gravy so would bring my plate out in 5 minutes (my 1/4 full plate that had now been sat on the side for about 10 mins). I tried to say I hadn't finished serving up and there was barely anything on it but he quickly walked away.

After a further 5 minutes I managed to catch someone and said I didn't want the roast anymore and to leave it, to which I got an 'ok' and then they quickly walked off, no conversation at all or chance for me to explain what a stressful experience it has already been.

We didn't recieve a single apology for this awful experience and not a single word was said to either me or my friend when she went to pay. It was so incredibly embaressing as we're both quite shy people. Would never ever go back.

Date of visit: November 2020
General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Whitchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Apologies for the delay responding to your review. TripAdvisor placed limitations on their service in response to the Coronavirus situation and temporarily disabled new reviews from being posted or replied to. This restriction has now been lifted, so thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 14 November 2020

Very good service from Charlie and the rest of the staff, brilliant food. 10/10 recommend to everyone.

Date of visit: November 2020
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at Toby Carvery Whitchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2020

Hi 391ellaf, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! We look forward to your next visit! Take care!