All reviews mini bar room service executive room business park small gym third floor sky tv modern hotel ironing board comfortable bed free wifi business trip bar menu air conditioning reception staff last minute booking stayed here for one night
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Worst 4 star hotel i've ever seen. And here are my reasons:

- upon arrival there was no staff at the desk. some people were in the bar area just staring at us, after a bit someone finally approached.

- customer service non existent. I work in CS area myself and I never had worse experience with the way staff speaks to you. They were ever so slightly rude but most important they were soooooo not interested. Just didn't care Smiles? Nahh. FOUR STAR HOTEL we are talking about.

- our key card kept jamming, not once reception staff said something like "oh sorry about that" or "we do apologise". God sake, this supposed to be 4 star hotel.

- don't believe photos you see online. Room was spacious but my god it was dusty!! everywhere. Furniture scuffed (i'm not stupid and do realise there is wear and tear, but there is a four star expectation of wear and tear and then there is what was actually in the room )
- in the bathroom sealant was all cracked and broken off, vent cover half hanging down (to be fair we pushed it up and it stayed up, but is this what you'd expect in a 4 star?), cold water tap top missing.
- ironing board was stained and had huge hole in it. for the love of god it costs 2.99 in b&m!!! When we reported this at reception desk the girl giggled and said "oh some had difficulty ironing". I like humor but would happily laughed if staff even just tried to look like they gonna do something about it.

- WiFi is chargeable!! Watch out, you only get 1 GB free. In 2018. In 4 STAR HOTEL!!!! By the way instructions for connection were given to us on hand cut piece of paper. Can you guys really not afford a proper booklet?

There were other small things but I'm too bored with this now.

I am not usually a petty person but what really got to me is what you get for the price and why on earth is this a 4 star hotel???

By the way breakfast is not included. And be ware you check in and out time will take ages. Just cos there is never staff at the reception desk.

Oh I hated the place!

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel. Trust me.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Don’t make me laugh - there are times where you read a review and you seriously wonder if the guests have got the Hotel’s they had stayed in mixed up. Just one point that shows that perhaps they are not users of Hotel's - we do offer and Bed and Breakfast rate but it all depends on how you have booked and the package you have chosen, need I say any more.........
This is where Trip Advisor should clarify reviews of such a nature before posting them onto any Hotels account. If you review the 692 reviews from this Hotel you will see that 78.75% of the reviews are either Excellent or Very Good. Need I say more, I won’t as it may get me into trouble with Trip Advisor. Needless to say, this is not a true reflection in and shape or form of the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Wrexham.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

We selected this hotel for our family from USA to stay in for a week, based on previous visits. Despite some initial issues with room cleaning and preparation they enjoyed their stay and were treated very well. Really nice hotel and staff very friendly and helpful. Special mention for Operations Manager Leanne; we called at the hotel several times during the week and fell foul of an automatic vehicle recording system which captured us calling in to pick up and/or say goodbye to our relatives and issued £100 parking fines each time. It was really our fault as we misinterpreted the signs in the car park and apparently should have signed in as visitors. Leanne was most understanding and arranged for the cancelllation of the charges with a cheerful and efficient attitude. She epitomises the lovely customer service ethic evident at this hotel

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Wrexham. Very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff treated you well and made you feel welcome. Also, very pleased to read that Leanne dealt with your parking charge in a professional manner. We do NOT charge and users of the Hotel to park in our car park but due to local business’s and other people seeing our car park as a free car park this is why the system was put in place. Please be assured that I shall show Leanne your review. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We wanted somewhere where we could easily visit the sculpture park near Oswestry, Chirk castle, Erddig and Llangollen. Perfect. Breakfast was fine. Good choice of fruit and hot buffet.Friendly helpful staff. Room was spacious. Staff happy to top up supplies. All in all no complaints

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Wrexham. Very pleasing to read such a review as it covers so many aspects of your stay especially our bedrooms and food offerings. I trust you had an enjoyable holiday in Wrexham and we hope to welcome you back again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

After my other half was admitted to the hospital in Wrexham I had to find somewhere nearby to stay. This hotel is less than a 5 minute walk. It is perfect for visiting the hospital.

My third floor room was on the executive floor. The room was of a good size, nice and cool in this hot weather, a good shower and the bed was super comfortable. I had a great sleep.

The quality of the room far exceeded my expectations for the price.

I had dinner downstairs at the bar. The burger and chips were also very good. Prices were again very reasonable.

I'm sure it was Euan(It's Wales so I've a good chance of being right) working behind the bar and he was a little hard pressed at times. He had other duties to carry out and left the bar a few times. Other staff didn't seem to be stepping in to help him when they were clearly free.

The visit suited my needs down to the ground.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Wrexham. Very pleasing to read such a review as it covers so many aspects of your stay especially our bedrooms and food offerings. Most pleasing was that you found it all value for money. Thank you for your comments regarding the member of the bar staff, I shall be addressing this with my Food and Beverage Manager. I trust that should you return it will be on a more pleasurable visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Arrived about 8.15pm on a Friday. For a 3 night stay. Checked in swiftly and headed to the in house restaurant which was fairly busy. £16.95 for 2 course set menu. I ordered risotto followed by the waffle. Absolutely lovely risotto. Pleased with meal so ate their again on sunday. I liked the risotto so much I ordered the risotto again on the Sunday , only to be told there was none available. (This could have been mentioned when menus were handed out, as only about 5 choices of mains on menu -3 of which not to my liking.) So i chose fish&chips instead. Only to be told there was no cod, haddock instead. Made no odds to me. Huge battered fish arrived. Nice batter. Decent chips.
We paid at reception for breakfast in the morning (£8.50) buffet. Again decent, everything you would expect (usual fry up, selection of carton cereals, some tinned fruit, yogurts, dried fruit, bread, Danish pastries on the 2nd morning).
The room itself was lovely. Huge. Clear (nothingnin mini bar, but not my intrtedt anyway).i would definitely stay here again. I hope all Ramada hotels rooms are just as nice as I would look for deals to stay in other locations.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura C
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Wrexham. Very pleasing to read your comments regarding our food offerings although I shall be discussing some of your points with my Head Chef regarding stock items not being available. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime in the future.