“Lovely Cottage, remote but close enough to the...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jon0408tr...
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Lovely Cottage, remote but close enough to the village”
Reviewed 8 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

We booked Penlan for five nights over New Year 2017 for two adults and a large dog. Arrived to find a very cold cottage but I think it had been empty over Christmas so fair enough. After reading a couple of the reviews, we had taken two small fan heaters and these, with the 'not-quite-man-enough' storage heaters, and the lounge electric heater on, we soon had the place habitable and warm. Small cottage, traditional design with functional fittings - inc a very small TV! - OK in the summer but harder in the long dark winter nights. The bed was possibly not to everyone's liking and bit soft - and with a 6ft bed and I'm 6'1", my feet were pushed through the bottom bedframe. The duvet was a bit thin but we had taken our own and we slept well each night. The open fireplace and chimney in the bedroom makes for interesting sounds during high winds, concerning my wife until she realised what it was. Lovely position overlooking the village and across the valley - a sense of being quite remote but in fact only two mins walk into the village. However the immediate access to the cottage is quite steep, not really suitable for limited mobility. Parking was OK, but given that the neighbouring cottage has regular visitors in cars, negotiating the slope can be a bit difficult due to overhanging hedges etc. Lovely bit of Rupert memorabilia, nice bit of history. The surrounding gardens were fenced in (to keep sheep out I suspect) so it kept the dog from wandering. The only issue with our dog was that at night, letting him out for a late night wee in the dark (the outside light doesn't really cover that far in), we had to make sure he didn't fall off the edge of the wall into the garden, had to make sure he turned left first.
The cottage is advertised as for up to five people - personally, I think three would be about the maximum due to the size of the rooms and general space, especially in the winter - summer may be a bit different with regard to more outdoor time.

The big question is 'would we go back'?? Like a shot if we can find the time / availability - but if we went in winter, we'd make sure we took the heaters and duvet.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
England
Reviewed 4 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
essex

nuneaton
Reviewed 19 July 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Recommended for:
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing