Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Coasteering

We had a great day with these guys ; they totally catered to the ability of the group. Having... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
loubypars
West Kirby, United Kingdom
via mobile
Coasteering

Definitely the best coasteering experience around (course and guides) The two guys Steve and Andy... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Denis G
via mobile

All reviews great fun sea kayaking coasteering experience amazing experience brilliant instructor kitted out great afternoon stag group wet suits mixed group thrill seekers be booking again marine life experienced guide his knowledge local area bad weather
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

This is my 5th time using Grant at Anglesey adventures. We had booked a full day of coasteering, but due to the typical British weather it was cancelled because of strong winds and rough seas. However Grant ensured we still had a full day of activities. Kayak surfing, coasteering in sheltered coves and rock climbing. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the day with Grant being a great guy to ensure we got value for money. To top it all off Grant had taken photos throughout the day and these were emailed that night.
I cannot recommend Grant highly enough. We will be definitely booking with him again....thanks for a great day

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting! I paid £140 for Adventure Coasteering for my boyfriend around March last year. I was in contact with Grant quite a lot to get it booked but he advised there were no ribs available but it would be fine to book in this year. After MANY texts, emails and calls we finally got a date booked in. He agreed a friend could go free due to all the hassle and another friend added on but was not asked for upfront payment. Closer to the day we all contacted Grant on numerous occasions to confirm the booking and details but had no answer. My boyfriend would be travelling from Liverpool so didn't want to travel all that way for it to not be on. He ended up not going and we have still not heard a thing since. I am still phoning, texting and emailing Grant but am not getting any reply. £140 down the drain

Meliname, Owner at Anglesey Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hello Zoe

As you know from our recent contact, Steve and I have taken over the business from Grant and are putting together the Adventure Coasteering day you paid for and were promised last year.

Steve and I are passionate about providing a quality service and experience for all our customers, past, present and future and it is our intention to ensure your boyfriend and the other participants all have an amazing day with us.

Thank you for bearing with us whilst we put the session together as we do need a minimum of 10. We look forward to meeting you and providing a quality experience soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We arranged some adventure coasteering 3-4 months in advance of the date we were suppose to do the activity coupled with full payment. 1 month before the phone calls and emails started to confirm the event. NOTHING from Grant. Got an Air BnB sorted emails sent. NOTHING. We had a night out on the Friday with constant phone calls to him. NOTHING.

Drove all the way to Anglesey on the Saturday morning on the hope it was still on. An hour later from the proposed meet time we got a lame text saying he had an issue with an engine and couldn't do the adventure coasteering. Question for you Grant... did the broken engine occur 3 months prior and that's the reason for your lack of communication? We then spoke to him and he offered coasteering free of charge as compensation. Nice gesture. He then offered us a full refund.

Grant..... WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR A REFUND.

Pay up you shoddy business man.

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY.

2  Thank A P

Hello

We look forward to receiving your e-mail.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I am a scout leader and had arranged 16 scouts + 4 leaders at £45/person for a day's activity - organised 6 months ahead of time. I didn't receive confirmation of him receiving the deposit, so phoned every other day for a couple of weeks before the trip - never got through, and voicemail was often too full to accept new messages. A fellow leader got through 3 days before the trip - he had received the money, all was good.

The weather was bad and we actually received our first call from Grant on the morning saying day was cancelled (which is fair enough) - we asked if there was anything else we could do safely, he said body-boarding, so we continued our 1.5hr journey.

Instructions of where to drive to were given - we arrived to find Grant had left a year ago, and were given instructions by current people of where he "often meets clients". He was there - so far, so good. But the waves weren't great so he offered us a refund, which we gladly accepted - but, as you can guess, it never arrived despite multiple emails, calls (which often had the usual voicemail-full message).

Please avoid - it was stressful enough beforehand not knowing if he was going to turn up, and to then not get the promised refund has left lots of children high & dry,

Meliname, Owner at Anglesey Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hello

Could you please get in touch with Anglesey Adventures at info@angleseyadventures.co.uk? Grant is no longer anything to do with the company, my partner Steve and I have taken over the company since February and would like to discuss further with you. We look forward to receiving your e-mail.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I had previously booked a coasteering session as a stag event back in April which was incredible, so when a friends birthday came up I suggested to go coasteering. As it's a 3 hour journey, the day before Grant phoned and told me the waves would be too high and so didn't want us to come all that way to be disappointed. Grant suggested that we could maybe change coasteering to kayaking which was still going to be fun but we were really looking forward to coasteering.
The next day Grant emailed to tell me that the waves were at 10ft and just kept on getting higher so kayaking wasn't an option either but suggested abseiling instead. We didn't really want to do abseiling so told him we would leave it to which Grant suggested a company in snowdonia that offer surf sessions. The company was closed for maintenance so last minute I phoned Grant back and asked if it wasn't too late to partake in a bit of abseiling, Grant accommodated us perfectly, we had a great laugh abseiling.
After we finished and met back up at the beach for payment and received a brilliant discount, we all would have been happy to pay the full amount but Grant insisted, to top it off Grant has given us a free return for coasteering on the house and so we will be returning in October.
What a top guy Grant