“quick stop”
Review of Holyhead Lodge

Holyhead Lodge
Ranked #7 of 25 Holyhead B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 September 2017

easy to find - lovely lady but sadly no mention of dog wandering about and house reeks of it - have dog allergy after chemo and had to vacate immediately - also lower room reeked of damp and very concerning for my health - however the effort and small touches are outstanding and every little thing has been thought of - if you are not pet tolerant pls avoid as it cost a lot of money to have to leave almost immediately - felt bit duped as this was not mentioned in the advertisement

Room Tip: request upstairs as smells damp downstairs and reeks of dog
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
badlady48, Owner at Holyhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Hi
Firstly thank you for your comments.

I am very sorry you found the dogs not to your taste, but they do not go into the dining room, which is the only communal area for guests.
The only other areas are the hall and kitchen which are tiled and are steam mopped every day, so as to your comment about the house reeking of dogs I cannot agree with you at all.
As to you saying that your room smelled of damp, we have just had the shower leaking above that room and it was still drying out, so I do have to apologise for that, had we not have been full we would have moved you to another room.
kind regards

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I arrived by motorbike on a very wet day I was greeted by a cup of tea and Pearl dried my wet gear, both Pearl and Mal couldn't do enough for me I had everything I needed and the breakfast is to die for I do hope to visit the Holyhead Lodge again.
Thanks for your hospitality,
Gerry

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Thank gerryN.Ireland
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Half way round a bit of a tour around Wales and after staying in some fairly anonymous and frankly seedy hotels this B&B was a breath of fresh air. We were instantly made to feel very welcome by Pearl and Mel with cups of tea and home made scones. We stayed in the main house on the only room on the ground floor. It was fairly small but perfectly adequate for a one night stay.The house is on a Holyhead back street with no through traffic so we had no trouble sleeping. The one-way streets around Holyhead can be a bit tricky to navigate but the house is literally minutes away from the town centre. Should we return to the area we would have no hesitation in staying here again

Room Tip: Ground floor room in the main house is quite small but ideal if you have trouble with stairs
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Ive just stayed at holyhead lodge with my 8 week old daughter for a 2 night break. The place was lovely great room and fab breakfast and the owners were great nothing was too much trouble i would highly recommend this b&b to anyone and will definitley be returning in the future

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

After recently staying at this premises I must say the hosts are very welcoming and friendly.
The house is lovely
I was able to leave my car on the road outside the premises over the wkend whilst I sailed to Ireland with no trouble at all.
It's only a 5-10min walk to the port
Ideal for anyone using the port.
Would recommend for anyone
Thank you.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyhead
0.2 km away
1.1 km away
Wavecrest
Wavecrest
#2 of 25 in Holyhead

Been to Holyhead Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK