All reviews overlooking the river queen victoria lovely old hotel bit dated breakfast staff old building central location the hotel car park high street full english double room piping hot staff were pleasant would stay again river dee breakfast was excellent one night stay
Reviewed 12 September 2018

I like old hotels. So okay it might be a bit rickety here and there bit that is the charm. Breakfast was good and even the coffee (rare in the UK). Now I had a nice big room overlooking the river, I guess that makes a difference. Internet working properly. Would I come back. Certainly.

Room Tip: With river view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We were given a fab room in fact it was a suite overlooking the river. Room was clean and very spacious. View was lovely. Yes the bath took a little while to fill. But it is an old building and sometimes you have to be a bit patient. I found the staff extremely welcoming and helpful. Breakfast next day was help yourself to cereals then a full English. It was served on very hot plates which was good it kept yr breakfast hot we couldn't fault it. I do agree maybe a menu on the table would clarify what you can have. The car park is across the road it was free to residents we parked up no problem. Would we go back? Yes definitely.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2018

The hotel is in a great location on the bridge.
The hotel is a bit dated.
No lift.
The room I had was overlooking the river, lovely.
It was lacking the small touches that you usually find in larger hotels.
It has a car park which is needed got a space no problem.
The breakfast was not nice. No menu.
Prunes and grapefruit only!
No vegetarian options.
Tea was the worst I have had in a long time.
The breakfast let the stay down.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Just had a one night stay and found it to be as good as ever, family run and friendly. An old school Hotel full of charm. Had room 119 which has terrific views across the river, very spacious with a comfortable bed. Breakfast excellent as ever and I do hope to stay again sometime

Room Tip: room 119, great views and spacious
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a night as we were attending a wedding at Llangollen Pavilion. Perfect location as it was a 5 minute walk with views of the river. Room was quiet, clean and spacious with plenty of tea and coffee supplies as well as free toiletries. Room 112 hasn't got the best view but we booked last minute so weren't expecting much. We could still just about see the river and the sound was lovely at night.

We couldn't get over the breakfast which was included in our room. It had everything you could ever want! Staff were friendly and helpful. We'll definitely be staying again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple