Free cancellation until 28/07
Britannia Inn(Llangollen)
US$ 95
The Mulberry Inn(Llangollen)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbunk bedscomplimentary breakfastwell equipped kitchenstayed hereplenty of board gamesbooks and gamesdining area and loungecereal toastfamily room on the ground floormusical instrumentsplaying the pianoshared bathroomcheap accommodationgreat kitchentea and coffeepay and displayplace is spotlessly clean
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Very clean, well furnished and friendly hostel. We had not been to a hostel for many years but stayed here with two teenage children for five nights. Would stay here again. Free breakfast was just right in content and quality. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
LlangollenHostel, Owner at Llangollen Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us Andrew and thanks for a fabulous review, it's much appreciated. I've been away for a week so it's great to know that my awesome staff looked after you so well. All the best, Arlo.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Situated smack bang in the centre of the beautiful Llangollen, this place is an absolute gem. Unlike some hostels the only thing you really need is a towel. Bedding is provided, as is the dry room (which was required after a very wet afternoon on my bike before heading to the accomodation.)

Cereal, fruit juice and toast (with a plethora of preserves and spreads to boot) is included in the price. A large kitchen for any cooking and the peaceful lounge is just an added bonus!

The rooms are spot on - mine was a sharing room of 3 bunk beds. Very clean, practically home from home!

A perfect base for a night or two if you want to cycle, walk, kayak etc in the area and plenty of places to eat and drink within a few minutes stroll. Also worth going down to the riverside and having a walk along while admiring the train station.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I visited Llangollen last weekend to see the Manic Street Preachers. I was only there for one night and was looking for somewhere I'd be able to just bed down for the night then move on quickly the following morning. Searching online for a self catering place this place came up top of my searches. They had cheaper rooms than the one I booked, but they were shared dormitories. I am a loud snorer and thought it considerate I get my own room. Mine had a shared bath room with the people in the next room, though they do offer rooms with en suite if you prefer.

Upon my arrival I was met by a wonderful gentlemen called Arlo who took us through all the information we needed to know about the hostel. He answered all the questions I and other guests had and was full of helpful advice about the surrounding area and showed a genuine interest in his guests.

The room I had was lovely. Though it faced onto the main road I had one of the most peaceful sleeps that I have had in an age. There was a lovely lounge room where you could relax before taking to the scenic village and its stunning surroundings.

Even though it was a self catering hostel there was a limited breakfast range of cereals and toast on offer for guests to help themselves onto. I plan on revisiting Llangollen in the near future and will definitely be planning on using this place again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Nice comfy friendly place in the middle of this picturesque town with mountains, river and canal all within walking distance. Good facilities for self catering. There is a lounge with musical instruments and games and wifi.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Six of us stayed in a clean, comfortable room, with its own loo and shower. The warden was friendly and informative. Breakfast, in the well equipped kitchen, was plentiful and included a good range of cereals, juice and toast. We also liked the fact that tea and coffee were permanently on tap. Absolutely no complaints from us. We'll be back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends