“Delicious food”
Review of The Erskine Arms

The Erskine Arms
Ranked #13 of 61 Restaurants in Conwy
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 42
Description: The Erskine Arms is a traditional foodie pub nestled in the heart of the medieval walls of Conwy. The pub offers a laid-back and friendly atmosphere to enjoy some fresh local food, great local ales, a glass or two of good quality wine and for those from further afield, quality cosy guest rooms.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here with friends, service and food was really really good. Strongly recommend. Lovely atmosphere throughout with pub offering different rooms to sit in. I would recommend booking a table as this place is one of the most popular in Conwy.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had to walk up to a member of staff to ask for drinks/how to order food & they stopped their conversation (4 members of staff) to come to serve us. Few of the staff looked happy.
I had the steak and ale pie. Sounded lovely but the pie was luke warm and veg obviously reheated, and was swimming in lumpy gravy. It tasted ok and we didn't have time to send it back so I just ate what was edible; the veg. Nobody checked if we were getting on ok. Keen to have a pudding instead, numerous members of staff walked past not acknowledging us. The place wasn't overrun. Eventually a polite member of staff came to clear up and apologised for the pie. I agreed I should've said something but it shouldn't have happened in the 1st place and I didn't trust ordering an alternative. Not in a rush to return and not a patch on the Brunning & Price chain (Pen Y Bryn etc) which I think they're trying to model themselves on.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited here on Easter Sunday. Always a worry when going somewhere with kids when there is a bouncer on the door! It was packed and very noisy. Luckily we could go straight to our table as there was no way we could have waited in the bar area with a small child. We were really looking forward to eating here but were very disappointed. We went with the Sunday roast. The chef obviously has a new toy in the kitchen as there was so much stuff that had been puréed! As for the veg (more purée) my husband piled it on his plate & when I asked where my dish was we were told it was to share!! Not enough for 2 people by any stretch of the imagination! I had lamb which was chewy & the roast potatoes were over cooked. My husband had the 3 meat one, but said there wasn’t much meat! When asked if we enjoyed our meal we did say it was average & explained why, but the waitress wasn’t interested! We left disappointed & still hungry!

1  Thank fluntie
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hadn't been to Conwy in a few years and always used to find that the town lacked any particularly good pubs and restaurants, but this seems to have changed with quite a few new businesses springing up but this place is the best of them. Very cosy in the bar area with a great atmosphere (and dog friendly) and nice dining areas The quality of the food and the real ales was top notch and all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. just perfect.

2  Thank IanBStokeonTrent
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went here for Sunday lunch; lovely starter of white beans and prawns in a spicy tomato sauce and slow roast beef for main; served with a good selection of sweed, cabbage, carrots and cauliflower, lovely Yorkshire puds,but the roast potatoes were a little hard. Service was very good even though it was busy and I’m pleased we had booked in advance.