All reviews home from home punch bowl secure parking guest lounge town centre fresh eggs breakfasts were excellent friendly hosts brecon beacons feel very welcome patio area breakfast room b and b friendly place down to earth double room no hesitation in recommending
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Atitude towards the guests is money money. We ended up rather upset,especially my daughter. They tried to get a double payment too. The lady was drunk and offensive towards up.We have travelled and stayed in many places this is the worst choice ever made.
They where even arguing about this.Double money. Unlawful and un trustworthy.disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bighearted2018
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I had a lovely one night stay. I walked from the station, which is a fair step, and didn’t quite beat the rain.

I had a room upstairs at the back with plenty of space, spotlessly clean and decorated in a very homely style. There was a magnificent selection of things to squirt on myself in the shower, which drew attention away from the fact it was very small. I soon became aware of the owner’s magnificent collection of ducks and chickens.

Fortunately I had given myself plenty of time for breakfast, as it came later than I had agreed the night before and was very generous!

All in all, a friendly place for a stopover.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MrOrganist
Reviewed 15 July 2018

My friend and myself have just got home from another lovely stay at this Guest house. We go every year and look forward to it every time. Its just gorgeous and when you leave you know you have made more friends in Jenny and Kevin. I cant fault it and would highly recommend it. My year wouldnt be the same without my stay at this lovely Guest House. Brilliant !!!!

Room Tip: wonderful breakfasts. The best ever.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2018

A lovely warm welcome for our return visit. I was in the Punchbowl room which was a comfortable and clean room, overlooking the garden and aviaries, plus ducks and chickens roaming free. As always the breakfasts were excellent, a real treat.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Last weekend we stayed in The Guest House, Abergavenny for our 8th year in succession.
And why do we go back each year ?

We are eight golfers who play a long weekend of four rounds in the area around Abergavenny and have been doing this for 25 years. We have tried a variety of local places to stay, but were pleased to find The Guest House had the whole package that was perfect for us.

Kevin and Jenny are very friendly hosts who go out of their way to accomodate our needs.
One day we needed a very early start and breakfast was ready at 7 as requested and even though we have a couple of dietary oddballs, the breakfasts that Kevin and his team put on satisfy eight hungry golfers superbly and set us on our way for a hard day pounding the Welsh fairways.

The rooms are very clean, all en-suite and adequate for our needs.
Out the back of the property is a wonderful menagerie full of birds which can be very entertaining, but also a little noisy in the early hours. But such is the beauty of nature.

The Guest House is ideally situated just a short stroll into town which has a choice of eating and drinking venues and also excellent views of the surrounding Brecon Beacons.
My only gripe would be that they have no on-site parking, but thus far we've managed to park in the street outside without issue.

Looking forward to next year !

(by the way, our golf was played at Green Meadow, The Rolls of Monmouth, and Peterstone Lakes - all recommended for different reasons)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends