All reviews great sunday lunch market hall family room spacious room great atmosphere double bed brecon beacons well worth a visit stayed for one night next morning beef pub menu chips gareth key
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Nice clean room at rear of hotel but cellar fan noise was annoying. No parking but public carpark close by and cheap, free after 5 'o' clock. Staff very friendly, good choice of real ales. Tea and coffee provided but NO biscuit?.

Room Tip: Keep away from cellar fans
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Stayed for one night. Spacious room .comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Sadly we picked a Tuesday when their kitchen was shut so not able to comment on the food served there. No parking at this pub so had to park in a nearby pay and display. A twenty four hour ticket at £ 4.

Room Tip: Room three a spacious twin is good.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Came to the Farmers Arms Abergavenny for lunch and must say it was excellent!!! The beef was well cooked and of the highest quality- Gareth did us proud! Well worth a visit!! Dave was great as well! Open Mike to look forward to!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

After visiting the farmers arms on a number of accasions for social events I returned to try out the new sunday roast menu. ''Wow!!!'' is all i can say, the staff were absolutely incredibly welcoming and the menu was clearly explained to myself and the meal was sold to me by the friendly staff member at the bar on arrival. I was critical about the price of the meal when I arrived but once being serve my 2 course of pork and a dessert of chocolate cake and icecream the price I paid for my meal was defo worth it!! After finishing my meal on the lovely hot summers day I was welcomed to sit at the bar and offered more drinks which was needed after such an incredible lunch! Also a sunday open mic was held where i was able to enjoy the local talent which topped everything off. Thankyou to the staff(Dave) and chef(Gareth) at the farmers for an incredible meal and I will be defo returning this sunday!! :) xx

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank iamcalledrachel
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Great food, reasonable prices, friendly service and clean. This pub has had new management recently. It was very quiet relative to some other places nearby, but don't let that put you off. I had the pulled pork and slaw sandwich with scrummy chips and my husband had the steak and ale pie. Now we've discovered this place we will certainly visit again, probably to check out their Sunday lunch.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family