1,080 results
All reviews afternoon tea high tea castle cottage sandwiches lovely hotel coaching inn deluxe room car park without exception a real treat wine list high street public areas special occasion weekend break smoked salmon food festival
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

To earn a five star rating you have got to be good, and I don’t give out many of those.
It was for Sunday lunch and it involved a two hour trip there and two hours back, so as you can imagine it had to be good. We had a prawn cocktail to start a bit out dated you may think but not this one, a bed of crisp lettuce, with chopped cucumber, avocado and heaped with prawns in thier sauce. On the side was a selection of breads with olives and a dip of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Roast beef main course really tasty cooked to perfection and a trifle desert finishing off with a freshly brewed coffee.
Although I’ve illustrated my choice there was plenty to chose from starter to desert, you’d have to be really fussy not find something to drool over.
The service was brilliant despite being busy there were no long delays neither was there any rushing. It can often make or break a meal if the service isn’t up to scratch. Well done the Angel you have staff to be proud of.
I’m struggling to find something to criticise but I’m failing even the seating was comfortable the surroundings and ambiance were all spot on.
Yes we’ll go again even knowing it’s a two hour journey each way.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a lovely time in the Angel great food, fish platter on arrival, lovely breakfast and the best afternoon tea in Wales if not the uk!

Wish we knew the name of the lovely lady who served us at breakfast, she remembered my wife and our friend from when they had visited before and was so helpful.

Wonderful comfy beds, clean rooms

Breakfast in bed on the Sunday before leaving was lush.

The only 2 downsides, neither of which were the fault of the hotel, we forgot to retrieve our afternoon tea left over cakes from their fridge and someone caused £750 worth of damage to the bumper of my car in the car park during the weekend and drove off without leaving details. The hotel were very helpful checking their CCTV to find out who.

Took the shine off what was a true my lovely weekend in a great hotel in a great town with great friends.

We will be back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Charlotte G, Manager at Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us yet I am sorry to read your car was damaged and you forgot to retrieve your afternoon tea left over cakes.

I will make sure to share your kind comments with our team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a lovely stay at the Angel. Beautiful hotel with a great ambience.

As you enter the bedroom classical music is softly playing creating an air of calm. Tea, coffee and water is provided in the room.

Service throughout was of the highest order with friendly capable staff whilst breakfast had a wide ranging choice and well cooked.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ACelticTraveller

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and you experienced the highest order of service.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from a stay at The Angel Hotel in Abergavenny and it couldn’t have been better. The staff are very professional, friendly and attentive. The high tea was delicious, lots of lovely savoury treats as well as sandwiches, scones and cakes and wonderful selection of teas. I booked a four poster deluxe room which was gorgeous. The tasteful decor and attention to detail was superb e.g. flowers in the room, shortbread baked in the kitchens, bathrobes & luxurious soft furnishings.
In the evening we had cocktails in the bar and they were excellent. Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff and beautiful surroundings. We slept so well in the comfortable bed and breakfast was very good. I loved every minute of my time spent in the hotel, it’s a very special place. I can’t wait to return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nickyrhondda2016
Charlotte G, Manager at Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed staying in our Four Poster bedroom and staff were friendly and professional. It is a further pleasure to read you enjoyed every minute of your time spent in the hotel.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Called in for a coffee and was delighted. The service was very pleasant and swift. It was a horrible evening out but with the fire burning and such a lovely atmosphere you forgot about it. We will go back to sample the food after hearing other guest speak about it.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank catherinelloyd143

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your coffee and service was very pleasant.