“Great for a weekend away with the guys!”
other travellers have booked this property

Have a relaxing drink after your journey in the bar
Welcome to Plas Dorothea in the foothills of Snowden Your very own little pub with inglenook fireplace and logburner
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Welcome to Plas Dorothea in the foothills of Snowden
Your very own little pub with inglenook fireplace and logburner
Kitchen with 8 burner range cooker and all the facilities you will need
Kitchen with ample cupboard space and dry food store
Entrance hall
Bedroom 1 - Family bedroom double bed with double sofa bed and en-suite
Bedroom 1 - sofa bed in bay window overlooking Talysarn and Pen-y-bryn Estate
Bedroom 1 - En-suite with bath and shower over.
Bedroom 2 - Family room - Double and single bed
Bedroom 3 - Double bed overlooking Mt Snowdon
En-suite bedroom 5
Main bathroom with walk in shower and his and her wash hand basins
Main bathroom
Bedroom 6 - 3 single beds which zip up to create a double and single if required
Bedroom 6 with sofa in bay window
Lounge with NOW tv and open fire
The lounge  also has an additional dining area
Lounge dining area
Dining room and games room
Bedroom 5 - Double bed with on -suite bath and shower over
Bedroom 5
Bedroom 4 - Double bed with en-suite with shower cubicle
Rear garden ideal for just relaxing or for the more energetic ball games
Front paddock with ponies overlooking Nantlle Ridge and Mt. Snowdon
Hot tub on the patio hired locally by our guests
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jenny M
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great for a weekend away with the guys!”
Reviewed 29 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

I booked this as a surprise birthday treat for my partner to go away for the weekend with some of our friends.

I booked with Linda who was really helpful, friendly and responded promptly. Delyth was great arranging details with me such as hanging some banners and balloons, arranging to get to the house before the guys so she could get the fire going and even just little things like letting me know where roadworks were so they could be avoided - all made fantastic customer service.

The guys were really chuffed with the property and thought it was good value for money. They loved the bar in particular and spent most of their time there! Everyone, including my partner, had a great time and have since said they miss the house.

Big thank you to everyone for helping make the weekend a success!

5 Jan 2016
Thank you very much for your lovely comments. Delyth loves a good party lol and well done for managing to keep the surprise. I usually say the wrong thing and go in with both feet.
Gemma E
“Perfect fun filled weekend!!”
Reviewed 24 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Firstly, Delyth was absolutely brilliant, she communicated with me upto and during the stay. Delyth was very helpful with directions and showing us around the house and more. She also placed banners and balloons I had sent for my birthday and was just very accommodating! The house was just amazing had its own character and was very spacious, although most our time was spent in the bar which was amazing. It had disco lights music the lot. Everyone in the party loved their stay and we will definitely be booking again. The only VERY minor issue was one of the draws in the kitchen that wouldn't shut properly which I am sure will be fixed very soon. We went for a walk but it was too cold to stay out but I bet it would be lovely in the summer, there are local shops and takeaways just a couple of mins drive from the house which was pretty handy. Overall, I would definitely recommend anyone staying there, it is lovely house in a lovely secluded location. I cannot wait for our next break away there!! 5 stars from me and all of my group! Thanks again Delyth :) xx

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
25 Nov 2015
Thank you so much for your fantastic review Gemma We all agree Delyth is a fantastic person and as usual she came up with the goods for you
It would be lovely to welcome you again and summer is a very different holiday We love all the seasons in the house for their own special reasons
Thanks again
Andrea C
“Fab”
Reviewed 5 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

There was a group of 5 couples we went to celebrate 1 couples wedding. It was great rooms a plenty. On the first night we did have a small power cut but Del and her husband came straight up got us extra wood for fire and candles it did just add to atmosphere though. We range from 30-50 years old and found the house great. I think we will be coming back in summer.

20 Nov 2015
Not the best place to have a power cut is it. Very dark and full of atmosphere!!! We were so pleased that it didn't last too long and Delyth was her usual helpful self. It will be great to see you again and a totally different holiday in summer. Thank you for your review.
Mike R
“This is an ideal for a house party of friends in beautiful scenery”
Reviewed 2 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

This was recommended to us by a close friend and suited our need perfectly. 6 double rooms, log fires,and well equipped kitchen and lots of games etc.
My only suggestion is that it needs a toilet on the ground floor, as we had 1 person who was disabled and our friend had 1 also.
If you go don't miss the Welsh Highland Railway Caenarvon to Portmadoc, best day out I've had in years.
Mike Russell

Liked best: It's location
Liked least: Lack of ground floor toilet
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
20 Nov 2015
Thank you for your lovely comments A ground floor bathroom is in my plans for the near future as this is something other people have asked about. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Mexico_Vi...
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Look no further if you want a house to celebrate and have fun!”
Reviewed 19 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I booked this house to celebrate my daughters 18th birthday it was the bar that made the decision easy and boy we were not disappointed!!! Linda was so helpful answering all my many questions promptly before booking. A big thank you to Delyth who got in touch with all details for the weekend she even gave me her address so I could send banners and balloons to decorate for our arrival and was so kind even offering to buy them for me, now that is what I call going above and beyond! On arrival Delyth had a roaring fire and was very welcoming showing us all around the house and explaining how everything worked. The pictures are outdated as some rooms have been rearranged differently and don't do the house justice. This is an amazing nineteenth century house that could benefit from a little updating but this just gives it more character and you get what you pay for. The house has many extras to keep everyone occupied, we were supplied with plenty of wood and coals for both fires and the cupboards are well stocked with the essentials like tin foil, bags, dishwasher tablets etc which was a great surprise and a nice touch as I have stayed in rentals before that supply nothing!
The house is in a lovely surrounding with great views I'm just sorry I never had time to explore it as I was too busy in the bar!
We were a group of 12 guests ages ranging from 13 up to 74 we all had a fantastic time partying, the bar was the main place of occupation with music and even disco lights and I wiould definitely recommend it.
I just want another celebration for an excuse to return.

Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Large groups People with pets
20 Oct 2015
This is such a lovely review Thank you very much for your comments. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your celebration. We look forward to you returning in the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing