All reviews for sunday lunch cheesecake parsnips visiting bangor pier chef llandudno university
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

We booked this stay for my daughters 21st as she is at Bangor Uni. We booked it a few months ago but I'm not sure if that was before new management took over. On the phone when I booked it I was told £45 for the double room which when I got there I was told £65, okay he did charge me the lesser amount but he wasn't happy. Thus used to be a bed and breakfast place but now it's not so £65 for a room with shared bathroom and no breakfast is way overrated. I also had to ask manager to put something on the mattress as the springs were coming right through. Really )? Really bad value for money

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LiverpoolKat
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We fancied a proper Sunday dinner so decided to give The Boat Yard a try, what a fab decision it was. The food was absolutely gorgeous, plenty of veg and most of all pipping hot, choice of 3 meats (I was cheeky and asked for a bit of all) half way through eating the waiter asked if we wanted anymore veg. Highly recommend you try it. Thanks again Boatyard, we will be back

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2017

The bar was spotless and clean, the layout of the pub is fab!

Landlord and bar staff dressed smart and all so lovely!

Love visiting there, there's such a good vibe everytime I visit the boat yard and also would recommend everyone to visit this gorgeous pub!

Hotel rooms are also gorgeous as well, deffo worth a visit!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

We stopped over at the Boatyard Inn for one night with our campervan on Friday night. Found it on a 'pub stop over' site - never having been to Bangor before. We used the pub and pitched up in the car park. The pub was friendly and quiet. The landlord and staff were brilliant - extremely helpful. For the four of us we ordered 2 meals from the bar menu and they provided another 2 meals (omlete and chips) which was not on the menu. The food was scrumy and freshly cooked. The beer was fantastic and the service was faultless.
The car park was very private and we had a good nights sleep.
They are under new management and we cannot speak highly enough of the establishment.
Will definitely visit again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Went here for a Sunday lunch, after seeing the barman running around the place like a headless chicken, which I might say was no fault of his own! We ordered two beef dinner with Yorkshire puddings, after a 55 minute wait we ask were are our meals are. he went through to the kitchen to ask. When he came back he said it would be a further 5 more minutes, and we asked for complementary drinks due to the prolonged wait.
When our food finally arrived we looked at our plates very disappointed by what we saw 3 burnt roast potatoes 2 small sprigs of broccoli, 5-6 small carrot sticks 2 Yorkshire puds and an average portion of beef.
This has got to be the most disappointing Sunday dinner I have ever tasted, for the price they wanted to charge. And to think it took 55 minutes to get served, we refused payment and left offered payment for the 2 Pepsi we had unfortunately they did not accept payment by cards.
I must say this place has gone downhill since we last went there and it's a shame we shall never return due to this experience.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple