All reviews bangor pier menai straits sea view elevated position sunday lunch separate building mobility problems breakfast staff fabulous views powerful shower car park an overnight stay staff were really friendly long weekend pleasant stay single room one night stay
Reviewed 1 November 2018

Brilliant stay at Eryl Mor once again! Due to heavy traffic en-route on Friday night, we was concerned we would be too late to eat at the hotel, but wasn’t a problem as they kindly served us a meal when we arrived after 9pm. Our room was nicely furnished and modern, updated since our last visit. We also could bring our little dog Mia with us. Breakfast was good and Matt our waiter was just great looking after 15 of us on Saturday night, so friendly and helpful. An asset to the hotel! Thank you to Sam as well! Hope to see you all again!

Room tip: We had room 201 facing the promenade
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Went for afternoon tea today for my mother's birthday. There were 14 adults and 3 children in our party. The food was excellent and nice and simple. Coffee and tea were topped up regularly by the friendly and helpful staff. We all had a fantastic time especially my mother. Highly recommended afternoon tea here and for the price exceptional value. Thank you Eryl Mor

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Fabulous service from matt he was absoultely amazing, and is the only reason that we would come back, he went above and behond the customer the we would expect from any resturaunt and derserve to be a manager" thankyou to him and see you again,thankyou.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I booked this for my boyfriends birthday. I had booked a family room for us 2 Friday and Saturday (as that was the only room left on booking. Com) and another room Saturday night for my friends who were coming as a surprise. I phoned up in the day to say we wouldn't be there until 9pm which they said was fine. When I got there they didn't have me booked in. I stood there with my partner for about 20 mins while she tried to find my booking which wasn't a great start to his birthday. She asked what date I booked it then I looked on my phone and gave her the date then she found my booking but said it hadn't been put in. She then said they only had a twin room but I asked for a discount then they managed to find a double room. She asked if I want breakfast and I said not tomorrow but paid for it the day after.

My friends arrived the next day but she said I've charged you for the room you cancelled by mistake and took £90 out my account. This was a room I had on booking. Com but had cancelled within the free cancellation period. They did refund it straight away. Then when I checked out they tried to charge me £12 for breakfast that I'd already paid for! The lady was adamant I hadn't paid for it even though I had been charged £85 for the first night and £91 for the 2nd night (including breakfast)

Looking at the other reviews there are a few where they have double booked/not booked people in. Wish I had seen these first.

The hotel was OK but the room was hot even though the radiators weren't on. It had nice views from the front but we were in one of the back rooms so looked over the garden. 10 min walk to bangor centre.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We hadn’t booked a room with a view - and unfortunately not one available. Our room was at the back of the top hotel. Quite steep steps to get to the room. The room was very warm but as we were on the ground level it wasn’t an option to have the windows open as there was no security to stop somebody getting in. For privacy you needed to close the curtains which made the room extremely dark (no blinds or nets)
Old sink and rubble dumped in the corner of the garden which made it look very untidy.
On a positive note the service and staff were very good. Friendly and helpful. Breakfast was lovely - and the view from the conservatory was a bonus. In my opinion it was over priced.

Date of stay: September 2018