All reviews bangor pier menai straits sea view elevated position sunday lunch separate building mobility problems breakfast staff fabulous views powerful shower car park an overnight stay staff were really friendly long weekend pleasant stay single room one night stay
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Fabulous service from matt he was absoultely amazing, and is the only reason that we would come back, he went above and behond the customer the we would expect from any resturaunt and derserve to be a manager" thankyou to him and see you again,thankyou.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I booked this for my boyfriends birthday. I had booked a family room for us 2 Friday and Saturday (as that was the only room left on booking. Com) and another room Saturday night for my friends who were coming as a surprise. I phoned up in the day to say we wouldn't be there until 9pm which they said was fine. When I got there they didn't have me booked in. I stood there with my partner for about 20 mins while she tried to find my booking which wasn't a great start to his birthday. She asked what date I booked it then I looked on my phone and gave her the date then she found my booking but said it hadn't been put in. She then said they only had a twin room but I asked for a discount then they managed to find a double room. She asked if I want breakfast and I said not tomorrow but paid for it the day after.

My friends arrived the next day but she said I've charged you for the room you cancelled by mistake and took £90 out my account. This was a room I had on booking. Com but had cancelled within the free cancellation period. They did refund it straight away. Then when I checked out they tried to charge me £12 for breakfast that I'd already paid for! The lady was adamant I hadn't paid for it even though I had been charged £85 for the first night and £91 for the 2nd night (including breakfast)

Looking at the other reviews there are a few where they have double booked/not booked people in. Wish I had seen these first.

The hotel was OK but the room was hot even though the radiators weren't on. It had nice views from the front but we were in one of the back rooms so looked over the garden. 10 min walk to bangor centre.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We hadn’t booked a room with a view - and unfortunately not one available. Our room was at the back of the top hotel. Quite steep steps to get to the room. The room was very warm but as we were on the ground level it wasn’t an option to have the windows open as there was no security to stop somebody getting in. For privacy you needed to close the curtains which made the room extremely dark (no blinds or nets)
Old sink and rubble dumped in the corner of the garden which made it look very untidy.
On a positive note the service and staff were very good. Friendly and helpful. Breakfast was lovely - and the view from the conservatory was a bonus. In my opinion it was over priced.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Stayed here when attending Zipworld at Bethesda, perfect location as its only 10 minutes away by car. The view from the hotel is brilliant, looking out across the northern end of the Menai straits. The staff were friendly and welcoming wwith out being over bearing. The centre of Bangor is only a 10 minute walk away and there are plenty of places to eat and drink close by. The room we had was very clean and tidy, with all the features you would expect, our only complaint was the shower drain was very slow, so you could flood the floor if you didn't take care. Food in the restaurant was very good, served piping hot and very tasty, the chicken and ham was very nice and my wife liked her pork tenderloin. We liked this hotel and would definitly stay her again if we are in the area. The attached photos are the view from our room!

Room tip: Get a sea view room if possible.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2018

The room was great with a fantastic view over Bangor pier and the Menai Straits. A good sized double with a brand new shower/bathroom en suite. The staff were very good and the restaurant is economical and good quality. There are quite a few steep steps so you should be aware of this if there are any mobility problems.

Room tip: Make sure you get a room with a view of the Menai Straits
  • Trip type: Travelled with family