All reviewsscotch eggthe blue roomsea viewwelsh rarebitboutique hotelsea frontsmall hotelwalk in showerfull welsh breakfastlovely little hotelthe ground floorlovely bathroomcardigan bayan evening meallocal producestayed for one nightfirst floor
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Aberystwyth is one of my favourite places, having lived there for three years in the past, so it was lovely to return and this is always going to be our hotel of choice.

We had a beautiful sea view room and were lucky enough to stay on a sunny day so enjoyed watching the sunset sat in the two perfectly placed chairs!

This was our second stay and as per our previous visit the staff were welcoming, breakfast lovely and everything was spotlessly clean. We also loved the style of the bathroom.

The only negative comment to mention (but very minor) was the lack of sound-proofing of the room. This wasn't a problem we experienced before so we may just have been unlucky this time but we could quite clearly hear snoring from our neighbour next door!

Again, very minor, but as a suggestion it would also be nice to have hair conditioner included in the toiletries in the room - I expected there to be some. I realise not everyone uses this but perhaps to have some available on request at reception would be good.

We will, however, definitely be returning on our next visit to aber as we love it here!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2017

If you're thinking go staying in Aberystwyth - this hotel is a gem! Our room was so comfortable, with a great view over the promenade. A lot of thought had clearly gone into the room layout and furnishings. The bathroom was excellent - nice bath, great shower. The staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant had a nice buzz. The tables were full with a nice mix of locals and hotel guests and the food was delicious. If ever we're back in Aberystwyth we'll be staying in the Gwesty Cymru.

Room Tip: Book the restaurant before you arrive
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2017

I visited Aberystwyth as a stopover location with family during the summer & decided to choose this hotel. It was a great choice!

I stayed in Room 2 (The red room) which was down a separate corridor on the ground floor, away from the noise of the restaurant and road. My room did not have a sea view but it was fairly spacious with a very nice waterfall shower. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a little small but had ample applications to make your stay easy to manage.

We dined at the restaurant on the lower ground floor which, while small, did good food.
I chose the soup of the day, cheese and pear tartin and followed up with some strawberry icecream. All of the meals were nice however I would have liked to have seen perhaps one more option for vegetarians on the main course menu.

Overall it was a very nice boutique style hotel right on the seafront with reasonably good parking and great service. I plan on returning!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are up at least two flights of stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017

This is a lovely little hotel serving a fantastic breakfast especially if you want something a little different than the traditional cooked breakfast . Recommend the scotch egg and the Welsh rarebit 2 lovely alternatives beatifully cooked .
Our room wasn't the largest I have ever stayed in but for 2 nights it was fine , and it was lovely to stay in a hotel which provided coat hangers that could be easily removed from the wardrobe and a hairdryer that wasn't fastened into a draw by a 2 foot lead , little things but they made the stay more enjoyable .

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tricia B
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Went to this place on a very hot Saturday and sat outside facing the see and the blue sky. The waiter and waitress were very pleasant as was the owner. The food was very good and well prepared, as you would imagine for a sea side place there was a good selection of fish, although I had one of the chicken meals on offer. I think it is also possible to have just a drink outside, for those who don't want to eat, who I must say are missing a good meal. Prices average, not the cheapest but there are other places if your on a budget and looking just to fill up with not ambiance to it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends