“What a great holiday home!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Maesygelli

Maesygelli house overlooks the glorious Rheidol Valley
Bedroom 1 - Front Master bedroom with en-suite and stunning views of open countryside
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View from Maesygelli
Spacious lounge with open countryside view and French doors to patio and rear garden
Bedroom 3 - Front right bedroom with glorious views of open countryside opposite bathroom
Bedroom 2 - Rear right bedroom with en-suite overlooking rear patio and terraced garden
Bedroom 4 - Rear centre bedroom adjacent to bathroom overlooking patio and terraced garden
Floor plans
Glorious Rheidol valley which is just a 5 minute drive away
Ynyslas beach beyond Borth which is just a 15 minute drive away
Aberystwyth beach and promenade walk which is just a 10 minute drive away.  Look out for Dolphins
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Andy W
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“What a great holiday home!”
Reviewed 12 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We stayed at Maesygelli at New Year with 2 other families and had a fabulous time. Marilyn (the owner) made us feel really welcome on arrival and the Christmas decorations were a lovely touch. Not to mention the fresh bread, milk, jams and mince pies that Marilyn left for us. The house was immaculately clean and the clean white linen gave it a nice high quality hotel feel. It was really well equipped with flat screen tv and lots of seating in the living room and a great dining room to comfortably seat 10+. The kitchen was also well equipped for catering for large groups. The local pub “The Druids Inn” is definitely worth a visit and not even a 10 minute walk away. The food there was exceptional, without doubt the best steak and ale pie I’ve ever eaten. Would highly recommend Maesygelli to anyone thinking of going – we certainly wouldn’t hesitate to book again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quality of the property and value for money
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
12 Jan 2016
Thank you so, so much for such a generous review, absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay. I will continue to improve wherever I can as I love having visitors staying at Maesygelli and experiencing the glorious location and all the local amenities. Thank you too for taking such good care of the property and leaving it clean and tidy for me - immensely appreciated! I look forward to welcoming you back.
Claire O
“Mrs ”
Reviewed 17 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Absolutely fantastic cottage, we were a family group of 3 generations and we all loved it. What made it even better was an unexpected welcome basket of fresh bread, Welsh cakes, milk, butter & jams (tea, sugar & condiments in the cupboards also) Great for just a chill out and a great base for walking and spotting Red Kites. Everything you need is here, thank you Marylin I'm sure we'll be back again xx

17 Jul 2015
THANK YOU so, so much for your very kind review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and it was a pleasure to meet you all - especially mum and grandmum who were obviously very excited about the graduation! It's always nice to have lovely families staying at the house as it reminds me of my grandchildren staying there with me and my husband. Taking them out on their scooters around the very safe county lanes was such a pleasure.
Stephanie...
“A lovely holiday home”
Reviewed 6 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Maesygelli is a lovely, clean and spacious holiday home. It is very comfortable and homely, and it came equipped with everything that we needed. We stayed at the house as a family of 6 and would love to visit again with a bigger group of family and friends. We found this home very accommodating and we highly recommend it.

8 Apr 2015
Thank you so much for your very kind words, it is greatly appreciated. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family and I would be delighted to see you return.
Weary_Tra...
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Home away from home.”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We had a lovely stay in this well equipped house with family ranging from adults in their 80s to a 1 year old. The house had everything we needed and Marilyn was so helpful in getting us settled, making sure we had information about the area and keeping us informed about when the house would be ready.
We would definitely stay at Maesygelli and recommend it to anyone.

16 Aug 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review my house. It delights me to know that visitors enjoy staying there and have had a good time. I know how amazing the location is having lived there myself and I do miss the walk around the lower part, over the 2 little bridges! It's a very calming place with lovely peace and quiet and glorious countryside views. I hope to see you and your family return for another visit sometime and thank you to all of them for taking such good care of the house, leaving it clean and tidy.
Caroline...
“Lovely week in a beautiful house and setting”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We stayed for the week with extended family for my daughter's graduation. We have now stayed in all the properties and every one contains every thing you need for a very comfortable holiday. Everything has been carefully thought out and the standard of accommodation is excellent. The owners are the most accommodating people we have ever encountered on our many trips all over the UK and they have made each of our stays like being at home with our own family - indeed they have really gone the extra mile to help out with things! The views from the house are second to none and if you are keen walkers and cyclists there are many routes to do straight from the front door. (There are plenty of walks for those who just like to amble too). I would thoroughly recommend this property and Derwen (their other cottage) to anyone who likes a very well equipped, quiet and extremely comfortable place to stay and at a very reasonable cost too. Many thanks Marilyn and Ivor for making out stays so good - we'll be back very soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and facilities
Liked least: There wasn't anything we didn't like
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
9 Aug 2014
Sometimes in life you meet people that impact on you and, while I have met many lovely people who have stayed here at our cottage, this family became friends. I really missed having them around after they had gone home! I am delighted that their lovely daughter who achieved excellent degree results is to return to Aberystwyth University. Hopefully it might mean more chats over a cup of tea.
Thank you so much Caroline for your complimentary review which means a great deal to us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$ 201
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing