All reviews the pub wetherspoon hotels attic room music theme shopping centre car park biscuits walk in shower multi storey air con sunday night family room great room excellent shower excellent hotel bottled water central location lady on reception
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited the crown hotel in Worcester on a Friday night and we cannot fault it.
The staff were lovely and very accommodating, the room itself was huge with an extra large bed which was incredibly comfortable.
The bathroom is large with a huge shower and we were provided with plenty of towels.
As this is a Wetherspoons hotel I didn’t have high hopes for it but it has exceeded my expectations and all for such a reasonable price as well.
It is also an added bonus that the hotel is central to all of the shops and bars.
Also we struggled to find a place to park but we eventually parked in the crown gate shopping centre on a pay and display, after checking in the receptionist validated our ticket which limits the charge to £6; this is excellent as it was saying upwards of £16 in the shopping centre itself.

The only downside was the breakfast in the Wetherspoons pub next door ( this shouldn’t put you off from staying in the hotel though). We ordered two large full English breakfasts; we waited for over an hour for them to be served, the food was cold yet over cooked/burned and just not edible. The bacon was burnt to a crisp and rock hard, the poached eggs squeaked as we cut them and the beans were dry. I honestly think this is the worst breakfast I had ever seen in my life, I eventually managed to find a member of staff to complain to and ask for my money back, she agreed and I then sat there for a further 30 minutes before another member of staff plonked my refunded money on the table and sulked off back into the kitchen. I won’t rush back for food in a hurry.

Other than the breakfast this was a lovely stay, I would 100% recommend it and I hope to return in the future.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paulette B B, Manager at The Crown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and kind comments.

I am delighted that your stay in the hotel exceeded your expectations, and we do hope that you will return or try out one of our other 55+ hotels in the country!

We do apologise that your breakfast and service was poor. I will pass your comments along to the pub.

We hope you see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

We have recently returned from an overnight stay at The Crown, Worcester. If all Wetherspoon hotels are like this, then we would certainly book one. The room was lovely and clean. We were met by Meg on reception who was most polite, obliging and helpful, as were the other 2 ladies we encountered during our short stay. Well done girls, you are a credit to Wetherspoon's.

Room tip: we had room 102, which was quiet, clean and spacious.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paulette B B, Manager at The Crown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your very kind comments and excellent review. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Meg and the rest of the team. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2018

I recently spent four nights at The Crown Hotel , Worcester . I think the location was very good , as it was in walking distance from all the places I wanted to visit . The room was large , with an extra large double bed . The furniture was adequate for my needs , and there was a wall mounted flat screen TV . As well as tea making facilities , there were always a couple of sweet snacks in the room too . It was well lit and warm . It was quiet all the time that I was staying there .

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Paulette B B, Manager at The Crown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Thank you for your excellent review and kind comments. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 21 October 2018

We loved everything about our stay at the Crown. We arrived by train from London and it was easy to find and close enough to the station, we walked there. They did put us in an attic room at first, with a lot of stairs, but when we explained we needed the lift, they quickly moved us (so mention this when booking if you can't do a flight of stairs with bags).

Room was large, modern, clean with big comfy beds and a Weatherspoons pub downstairs for our meals and pints when the touring part of the day was over.

This hotel was our first introductions to Weatherspoons. They offer the absolute best values for pub grub. We looked for them and found them nearly everywhere else we traveled to in England and Scotland.

My father came from Worcester and the hotel is very central so we were able to use local buses to get to the surrounding areas I wanted to visit. We will definitely stay here again if we are fortunate enough to return to the beautiful city of Worcester.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank globetrotter99
Paulette B B, Manager at The Crown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Thank you so much for your excellent review and very kind comments. We are always delighted to read that guests have enjoyed their stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again! In the meantime, if you get a chance to, try out our 55 Hotels and 800+ pubs across the UK!

Reviewed 20 October 2018

Greeted by friendly reception staff, check in within minutes. Large king sized bed , clean, fresh , tea/coffee available in room with biscuits. Right in centre of town but quiet in rooms. Food , typical Wetherspoons menu, hot and enjoyable. Big thumbs up to 'Emma" who was serving behind the bar at breakfast, the same lady who had checked us in the day before. Greeted with a smile , great customer service and knowledge.

Room tip: room 202 quiet, faces main street lift available
Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank Wendy D

Thank you for your excellent review and lovely comments. We will be sure to show Emma your kind words! We hope to see you again in the future.