“The best holiday!”

Review of ABC Boat Hire

Worcester Dove Class
Mooring in a peaceful spot Leaving the canal and joining the beautiful Severn
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Worcester Dove Class
Mooring in a peaceful spot
Leaving the canal and joining the beautiful Severn
Worcester Dove Class in a lock
relaxing at the stern of the boat
watching the wildlife go by
working the locks

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“The best holiday!”
Reviewed 25 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

We hired a day boat a couple of years ago and loved it. So we knew we would enjoy this week, we just did not realise how much we would enjoy it.

We arrived at the marina and we were given a thorough grounding in how the locks work. We then had a hand over of the boat that too was very thorough and really built our confidence in being able to handle her. The staff both in the office and the boat yard were friendly and approachable and answered all our questions no matter how daft.

Within a short time we were on our way. Negotiating our first locks slowly and remembering everything we had been taught. We were hooked. Our first night was lovely and the gentle rocking of the boat eased us to sleep.

The boat was equipped with everything we could possibly need, right down to egg-cups. There was a welcome tray with tea, coffee and milk. Toiletries in the bathroom along with enough towels, blankets etc. The beds were made up and were very comfortable but narrow, but hey, it is a narrow boat, it goes with the territory.

Due to torrential rain through one night, the company phoned us to advise us not to go onto the River Severn as it would not be safe. In all the communication was brilliant.

We would throughly recommend this company and narrowboat cruising in general. We will be back!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
robrees20...
Brecon, United Kingdom
“I'm totally hooked on canals now!”
Reviewed 24 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Wow - I've put off a narrow boating holiday as I've thought it wouldn't be active enough for my wife and I. We would feel bored and restless chuntering around at 4 mph, would lose our fitness and we'd wait until we were older. How wrong we were!
We've just had a fantastic holiday out of Worcester Marina with abc leisure group. We had a late season 4 nights aboard a narrow boat and absolutely loved it! It took a week for me to stop dreaming about narrow boats! The staff were helpful, reassuring and relaxed. We set off at 3pm determined to get up the Worcester & Birmingham canal to find a lovely rural mooring. The sun had just set when we completed our last lock of the day!
Over our journey we probably travelled as far as you'd want to, driven by my determination to explore as much as possible. We used the Droitwich canals to descend to the River Severn and then reached Stourport to sample the older Staffs & Worcs canal as far as Kidderminster. Each night we found an idyllic mooring, silent and dark, unaware of how close we really were to the surrounding towns and motorways.
The boats were well equipped and we had been given plenty of diesel and water. My elderly parents did find the lock work a bit stressful and were tired after the holiday but that is probably my fault for demanding such high levels of effort from my crew!
Seriously, I'm studying the maps and planning our next "ring". If only it was a bit more affordable I'd be off as soon as I could.
Thanks abc - great fun!
Oh the beds were rather too narrow!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being free to go where I chose
Liked least: The easy to fall off beds
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$ 349
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing