“Staff were brilliant”

Vue Bar
Ranked #217 of 400 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: British, Fusion
Reviewed 22 July 2016

The staff were very friendly and interactive. The dogs were amazing. Do not prejudge places ever, try them

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 21 July 2016

Called in here as we always do after the evening racing at the nearby race track (.9.45 pm.) We were served our drinks and sat in the alcove to the right of the bar. At 10.pm the two girls behind the bar carried a set of bars and installed them to the side of the bar ! We asked if we were still OK to carry on drinking? Yes they replied. At 10.10pm I went to the bar and waited while the barmaid poured drinks for the youngmen at the other end of the bar. When I ordered another round of drinks I was told the bar was closed ! She said she did not know we were there !! This was 10.10pm. Seems a very funny time to close the bar! So how come the two young barmaids could serve the three young men and not us four oldtimers? Think I know why! It was then it was suggested we leave.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank Raykay
Reviewed 29 May 2016

What used to be a scruffy pub has now become a scruffy attempt at a trendy bar. Plenty of beyyer pubs in the city centre.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank JulianFrench
Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

Had my Daughters 21st at the Vue, put on a Salsa instructor to get people up dancing with house music afterwards : Fantastic night !! One my Daughter and friends will recall and cherish for years
All stayed in Hotel. Great night, Great people. Thanks Indy, Dan and the team. Dave G.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

Having lived in the Worcestershire area, it was with much regret that I had to stay in a hotel whilst coming to visit family over the bank holiday. Much deliberation was put into searching for a nearby, cost efficient hotel to stay in for 3 days over the bank holiday weekend, however I chose to stay in the river side hotel 'Severn Vue Bar', and a great choice it was!
Hotel staff were extremely vibrant and friendly, making me feel very welcome from the first moment I entered the hotel.
Upon entering our room, I was delighted to find it modestly sized and very clean, something of great importance to myself and my colleagues, having only the need to 'rest our heads' in the room, as it were.
Staff were very helpful when questioned regarding venues to go for dinner and drinks for the evening, offering to help with a call to the local taxi firm, something which is expected but very often overlooked. Locality of the hotel is also very reasonably which we found out upon returning only being just out of town.
I still have one more day at the 'vue bar' but can't recommend highly enough for anyone from families to business people alike, for a reasonable priced establishment in the Worcestershire area and certainly will be booking again, if nothing but for the very funny and helpful staff!!

Date of visit: May 2015