“Good everytime”
Review of Grill & Flames

Grill & Flames
Ranked #193 of 365 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 20
Description: A multi-cuisine Buffet restaurant serving dishes from all over the world. Fresh salads, range of starters, main courses, desserts and live cooking.
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I've been with friends and family twice over, the staff are busy but friendly and helpful, the food is great, good to really step out of your comfort zone, drinks are expectedly expensive. The food changes everytime I go but I assume that's because of stocks.

Seating and lighting are a bit to be desired but I'll eat there again regardless.

1  Thank Tom G

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Hubby and I went there for the first time on the night of 10th March 2017 after work and OMG it's brilliant! Beautiful lighting and furniture, loads of buffet options from all kinds if different countries, good vegetarian section, lots of lovely puddings, various alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and really good prices. All staff were friendly and happy to help. Very clean and tidy. 10/10 to them.

2  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Not many dishes to choose from

Mostly all curries (28 maiN dishes)

Staff have an Attitude problem . They seem to wana fight u

Nice selection of desserts

Pork and beed ribs give me a raging hard on .

Nice gRill selection.

Choccy fountain ;)

for 10.95 ud expext a bit more selection

Mario and luigi

1  Thank Nick P
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner visited yesterday. As soon as we walked in there was a strong smell of something horrible(smelt a bit like cigarettes but stronger) the staff didn't seem too friendly. We went to the buffet whilst the waitress got our drinks (we didn't think there was much of a variety of food) the chicken was chewy and didn't rate much else either. When we sat back down our drinks were on the table, went to take a sip and there was lipstick marks all over the glass!! Won't be visiting again.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

Visited Grill & Flames on a works Xmas do, and there were nine of us in the group. We had an early evening booking and the restaurant was fairly quiet. The food was OK and good value in terms of being able to go up as many times as you like - but nothing particularly special on offer. As a vegetarian, I found these was more choice in the starters and sides but disappointing in the curries and mains on offer. For example. of the 10 - 12 or so curries on offer only 2 were veggie and consisted of a potato and pea curry and a chick pea curry - this could have been so much more better and interesting.There was plenty on offer for meat and fish eaters and the chap cooking the naans to order was very pleasant. I did not try any of the sweet items.
The toilets were an issue. Very small and tight in trying to get into the ladies - cant comment on the men's! But as the toilet door opens it literally skims past the toilet by inches - you have to squeeze yourself up against the wall almost into the corner to get into cubicle and try and shut the door. And neither door did shut - the one door was warped and would not close into the door frame, the other door closed but the lock was broken. Apart from that they appeared clean.
My main reason for giving this such a low rating and what spoiled what had been a good night was the staff. At the end of the night 5 of our group left ahead of us and paid for their food/drinks at the bar leaving 4 of us remaining at the table.
I an not sure who Mary G was referring to in her review when she wrote about the attitude of the manager- there was an older guy on the floor who was bringing drinks to the table - he was OK. There was another guy behind the bar - not sure if he was the manager - but he certainly acted like he was and was preparing the bills. I started to get the feeling he was getting anxious about the remaining 4 of us paying for our share of the bill - cant really explain it but it was just due to the looks we kept getting from him - he then he came over and put the bill in front of us and told us we must pay! I would like to point out at this point that we are 4 mature professional women - we would certainly never not pay or 'do a runner'. Plus we had table booked from 6 - 8 pm and it was still only 7.30 pm - I just felt we were being rushed to pay...
After he gave us the bill we quickly spotted that he was charging us for a drink we never had - a £4.95 glass of red wine. We advised him straight away that none of us ( the remaining 4) were drinking red wine. We then realised a member of the group that had left did have a glass or red wine. However, this colleague only had one glass of wine and he had paid for that with the others who had already left . We then advised the manager that we were aware that he had asked for a glass of wine - which never came. he then reqested another - so he ( or rather we ) had also mistakenly been charged for the glass he never received. The manager did not want to know .
The response from the manager was "this is not my problem , it is yours" and would not accept that this was a mistake, was becoming increasing aggressive, hovering over us demanding we pay and it was clear we would not be able to leave without paying for this drink...
Please let me make it clear - this issue is not that a mistake was made with our bill - mistakes happen but can usually be rectified; the issue is not that we would not pay for a colleagues drink if had mistakenly left without paying for it- of course we would. No - the issue was how this was handled by the manager- very rude, not willing to listen when we tried to explain where the mistake arose from, and threatening in manner.
Before this issue arose, the older guy who had been serving the drinks advised that in the new year they are allowing customers to bring in their own drinks - I strongly advise anyone planning to go to this restaurant to do exactly that - take your own.
However, that is irrelevant now to me - if you like average food, being charged for stuff you didn't have and then being menaced by manager to pay for items not ordered/received, then you might enjoy it here....
Personally,i would never visit this restaurant again or recommend it..