“Food & Drink wasting time.”
Review of Red Lion

Red Lion
Ranked #18 of 100 Restaurants in Malvern
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I have always seen this place & now I have come in I'm not disappointed.
Really friendly young barman. An a fantastic Thai menu.
I can strongly recommend the Dim sum. I eventually had three helpings of said Dim sum.
The beer is clean. The venue is clean cool & has a welcoming atmosphere. It's a little out the way unfortunately for the venue, yet it adds to the place. I have found a great Thai restaurant & pub in one place.
Also it's dog friendly.
Yet as it is Malvern the Disabled access is poor but you can only do what you can with listed buildings.

I can highly recommend this place unless you happen to be or have people in wheelchairs with you.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Red Lion

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

This pub/restaurant specialises in Thai food. A good menu with a wide variety of choice. The starters maybe left a little to be desired but generally the food was good and the prices reasonable.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend to anyone, have been going here for over 2 years now and in our first cooper of visits we just really didn't know what to order so the lovely Thai lady would come and talk us through the menu and ingredients etc.
We now know exactly what we like and they great us with smiles and great service every time we go there.
My only niggles would be they need to maybe oil up there table tops and stripped wood wall panels around the bar and tart the place up slightly because the food is 5 star, and my other is that I really wish they did a delivery service because I'd eat it at home so much more if it was.
Keep doing what your doing guys your a great attribute to Malvern and deserve more recognition than you get x

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Kinslington and myself just enjoyed a gorgeous meal of the following:
Mixed starter of Thai fish cakes, spring rolls, fried king prawns, and veg tempura.
Mains of red beef curry with coconut rice and beef massaman curry with fried rice.
Delicious!

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Visited the Red Lion for Saturday lunch with 2 old school friends. It had been nearly 30 years since the 3 of us had been to the Red Lion together, a few changes but still very recognisable as the Red Lion. The menu had certainly changed, certainly for the better with the Thai influence. Fantastic value £6.50 for a Thai main meal and very tasty too. We will definitely be back and certainly won't leave it so long!